Chapter 13 and B of A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 and B of A

OK - Let me start by saying that I totally realize that B of A is not a fan of me right now. I've got four unsecured accounts (between my wife and I) that are big bucks that will be part of the Plan starting next month. My apo0logies to B of A, but this is the way it is for us right now.

Our mortgage happens to be with B of A also (what a coincidence!), and is not part of the plan. We are making our payments no problem and have for years.

My wife went to pay the mortgage this morning and our online account has been "locked out." My initial reaction is that our Stay Order means they can't have any communication with us, but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and whether being able to pay your mortgage electronically is ever reinstated?

I'm addicted to the conveniences of modern technology. Will we have to send a mortgage payment via postal service forever now..?

--13for60
    Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
    341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Are we talking about online access to the mortgage or all of your accounts including checking and savings?

I am stripping my 2nd mortgage and they didn't even file a claim on my credit card account and I have had zero issues with BofA with regards to my checking and savings.

ETA, I cannot access my mortgage and credit card accounts, but I can access my checking and savings. I also do still get statements in the mail about my mortgage, but it says that it is not an attempt to collect a debt.

Comment

All secured creditors can be expected to stop billing you and cut off online bill pay when you file BK (any chapter).
      In my case we still get paper "information statements" in the mail from Wells Fargo.
      Nothing at all from Toyota motor credit. However, if I call them I can do a pay by phone.
      Toyota charges $5 and WFC charges $20 which I routinely get them to knock down to $10.
      Or if I plan ahead enough I use my checking account's bill pay.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just was kinda surprised that after all we've done to keep the mortgage out of the plan, B of A makes it more complicated. Or they're respecting our Stay order. I'll remember the pay by phone trick and see what the deal is with that.

--13for60
        Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
        341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

BofA shut off my mortgage account access. I just pay them through my bank's online bill pay.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I call BOA every month and make a payment by over the phone. They simply ask for your banking information, the amount you are paying and the check number. They give you an immediate confirmation number. They do not charge a fee for the payment. The payment generally clears in 2-5 days.

Comment

B of A will not accept your payment at a bank. You will be notified by mail where to send your payment each month. They will send you a coupon.

Comment

I have been in Ch13 for 6 months and BofA just this month cut off my online access. I always pay through bill pay and called to verify I still can. When I called I was forwarded to the BK division. I asked if I can still use Bill pay and they said yes. I asked for the address as I assumed it would change but it is still the same....so for me its business as usual but cant access my acct info from their online website anymore.
                Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
                341 10/7/10
                Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

We just set up an automatic monthly transfer each month since my checking and mortgage are both with BofA.

Comment

Do you have a bank that you can use for "bill pay" other than BOA? If not, I would call every month and get them to decrease the fee. I had to do that for awhile too. I'd rather pick up the phone and wait on hold than write a check....what is this world coming to!!!! Also, I do not have BOA for my mortgage, but my company did block me, they also filed an automatic stay relief, which was granted and about a month later, I was able to access my on line acct again.
                    Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X