top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13 Plan Payment Method (especially Eastern Claifornia people!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I buy a money order from Walmart ($.60) and mail it regular mail. I sent my payment on the 20th, due on the 22nd - I called and spoke to a rep at the Trustee's office and she said that she would just notate the money order number in the system. No rush mail options necessary. In fact, they discourage you from doing that. It takes 3 days from the day I send it for it to show up in 13network!

$7000 monthly payment!!!!?????!!!? Holy Crap! No complaints about mine going from $419 to $500 per month! I'm very grateful!

Comment

The United States Trustee in Region 21 (Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Puerto Rico), doesn't allow just "any" money order. They must be bank drawn or U.S. Postal money orders. They apparently had issues with money orders issued by placed like 7-Eleven, Amscott, and perhaps even Wal*Mart. I do understand their position. If the issuer were go to bankrupt...
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X