13 Data Center has 2 voided checks????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 Data Center has 2 voided checks????

Anyone know what the heck that means? My payment was received 11/3 (is due on the 9th). I just checked today and a payment to the 2nd mortgage and a 21.00 pymt to the trustee have been reversed as "voided checks". The total is a little over $200.00. I googled this can't find anything. I send bank money-orders, so it's not like my payment bounced or anything. He still has not disbursed the payment for November. A little concerned......

The only thing I can think of is the Trustee is refusing to accept payment in that form of money order. Have you always paid this way? Is it actually a money order or is it a cashier's check? Maybe the trustee writes "VOID" on it so that it cannot be cashed again by someone else when its turned in, but you're saying the payment was reversed, so I'm not sure.

I did find this regarding money orders:

Disposal of detained or refused money orders:-

If the payee of a money order cannot be found or if the payee refuses to take payment on presentation of the Money order to him, the amount of the money order will be returned at once to the remitter free of charge:-

Provided that if the payee while refusing to take payment on presentation of the money order to him, makes an application in writing to the post office of delivery for the detention of the money order or if the payee is not found at the address given on the money order, the money order will be detained in the post office for a period not exceeding seven days from the date of its presentation to the payee or from the date it is sent out for payment as the case may be. If the payee fails to take payment of the money days, the money order will be returned to the remitter on the first working day immediately following the expiry of the said period of seven days. The commission will in no case be refunded.

Void Money Order

If payment of a money order to the payee cannot be effected and the amount cannot be repaid to the remitter owing to the latter not being found, the order will become void and its value be credited to the Central Government. But if the payee or remitter subsequently applies for payment, the amount of the order will be paid to him on the authority of the Postal Accounts Officer provided that application is made before the expiration of one year from the date of issue of the original order: Provided that the amount of a money order other than a V.P. money order shall be repaid to the remitter in case the payee is dead.

Provided further that where the remitter or, in case of a V.P. money order the payee, is dead, the amount of the money order or money orders up to one hundred rupees shall be paid to the claimant on his executing a personal indemnity bond, and for amounts exceeding one hundred rupees, and indemnity bond with one surety shall be obtained from the claimant.

Comment

Having worked in accounts payable, it's not uncommon to have to void a check because it got destroyed in printing, was lost, or the wrong code was used to issue it. It sounds like a simple accounting issue of the trustee's that probably has nothing to do with your check, but rather their own checks that they issue to make payments to your creditors. After all, they cannot void one of your checks. Only an issuer can void their own checks, as it's an internal process. If it said "NSF" (non-sufficient funds) then it would have to do with your check. I wouldn't worry about it.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The more I think about it I do think it is on their end - like momofthree said - since they reversed their own check that they gave to the 2nd mortgage, and a small amount to the trustee himself was reversed. I sent a bank money order, and have been for 12 months. A money-order can't be NSF so unless I hear anything, I am going to try just forget about it. Maybe because I am a year in now they are doing some accounting work? Oh boy it's always something!

Comment

The main thing is that you've made your payment and it's been received. I can remember times during my CH13, logging on and not completely understanding how things were being disbursed. In the end, it was correct and I never had any major problems. There was one time when they sent me a letter threatening to dismiss my case because I hadnt paid my payment. I had proof of my money order and I had already confirmed that it had been cashed. Once I provided them with the verification of payment, they magically found my payment and posted it to my account. Evidently, it had been posted to another person's account. It's good that you are monitoring it...keep doing that!

Comment

I have seen this all the time! In fact, my mortgage company reejcted the first 6 checks or so, and they all show as "reversed" or voided. They got one HUGE lump sum payment of about $20K in one payment, and every since that one, there have been no reversals. Let's just say that it happens, and that it's an administrative issue.

Sometimes the secured creditor will reject a payment when you are in arrears! They somehow don't realize you're in bankruptcy in that they MUST accept the payment from the Trustee. It gets sorted out after a while (I can't define a while, but mine was 6 months!).

You have nothing to worry about because all payments made on time to the Trustee are considered on time payments to the creditors! At least that's what my plan language stated, and now "that" language is standard in my District (after an attorney on the local "committee" noticed my language and said that they wanted to incorporate it into a "model" plan).
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Just updating - 13datacenter shows that the money was re-distributed (2 pymts to the 2nd mortgage) and trustee re-paid himself (of course, lol) So glad this did not ruin my Thanksgiving!
              (By the way I have to keep signing in every time I come here now, even though I click on "keep me signed in". Is it something with the website?)

Comment

glad it's all straightened out Nanzee

Comment

Same thing here. I see two checks paid to Citibank on 13datacenter getting bounced month after month! Guess their pockets are so flush with Uncle Sam's lettuce, they don't need mine.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X