Halfway through our 13!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halfway through our 13!

As of the end of this month, we'll be 1/2 way through our 13! Hopefully, we'll be discharge in the spring of 2012! It's been hard. super hard. harder than I thought hard.
    But we have survived so far. If we can do it, so you can you. I'm posting this to offer hope to everyone who is really struggling. We struggle every month, but at the end of the day, we feel blessed to have a roof over our head and the knowledge that the last 18 months has taught us.

Good for you and thanks for sharing.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Oh, Flower, how well I remember how hard your struggles were after you filed. You and family had a really tough time. It's so great to hear that you are halfway through your 13 now - what an achievement! Congrats and may your remaining months fly by uneventfully!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!
        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Originally posted by BankruptRule
          Good that finally wat u want you had now...!

By Fixed Rate Home Equity Loan
          Bankrupt rule - here's a new set of keywords for you to use - Forum Spammer
          Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Next month will mark a year and a half for us and I wonder where the time has gone! We are keeping under the radar and actually doing pretty good. Been working a lot of overtime (if we don't volunteer we get forced). Gave us an oppoortunity to get a nice emergency fund of $1000 set aside. A far cry from being laid off a year ago and sweating the trustee payments. I hope it doesn't increase our payments. I am not going to say a word and cross my fingers when we submit our 2010 returns to the trustee. According to the NDC our base plan is 1/3 paid already from giving up last years tax return so looks they will be getting more than the base amount anyhow.

Congrats for getting to the 1/2 way mark. Its nice to know that much is behind you!
            Last edited by andy158; 12-08-2010, 10:25 AM.
            Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

I'm slowly trucking along halfway into my 13 as well. Thanks for this great forum. Everything is being paid as agreed and I hope to finish strong.

Comment

Congrats!
                Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
                Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

Congrats to all.
                  Payment 45 out of 60 this month for me.
                  75% done.....25% to go.
                  Filed - 3.12.07
                  Confirmed - 5.25.07
                  Payments So Far - 45/60

Comment

Congrats, we are almost halfway too. This Christmas season is a killer though.

Comment

Congrats to all of us! I just sent off #47 - 13 more to go. It is a great feeling!

Comment

Congratulations to all of you!! It's a hard, "super hard" road but it is possible as you all are figuring out. I remember feeling as if the 55 months were never gonna end. I used to resent all of those people who filed Ch. 7 and were discharged within weeks- free and clear. But deep down, I remember feeling proud of myself and my husband for sticking it out and paying back our debt.

For the longest time I kinda felt ashamed that I was not honoring my debts...breaking my promises, so to speak. But we used the Ch. 13 for what it was intended and we learned so much. Our goal is to never get back into that situation again, and now...4 years later, we havent. We learned alot about unnecessary spending, budgeting, our wants vs. our needs and we have carried those lessons with us to this point.

CH. 13 is hard...no lie!! It's a b*tch. But, you will feel SO good when you make that last payment and when you are holding your discharged letter in your hand. Just keep your eye on the goal. It's coming, I promise. You'll find that you have more strength and determination than you thought you had. Cheers all around!!!

And one more thing... I know that Christmas is hard when there's no extra money. There is nothing wrong with saying, "I cant afford it," or giving a small token gift such as a candle or picture of your family. Many people overextend themselves at the holidays because of what they think their family "expects" from them. Part of CH. 13 is not only learning how to manage money and pay off debt, but it's also about retraining our minds about how we handle money. Every dollar counts, when before we didnt even look at the price of things. Christmas is supposed to be about love and family. Your family wont love you any less if you dont buy them something big and expensive.

My two cents.

Comment

congrats on being halfway there!

Comment

I don't post much, but wanted to say congrats for making that halfway point. It is tough, tough as nails, but ever little milestone helps to see that the end of it is a step closer.
                            ch 13 filed 10/2007 ~~ 341 meeting & Confirmed 12/2007
                            Orginally - 36 mths, extended to 51 ~~ 50 payments down....1 to go!!!

Comment

Got past year three in September, so I know how hard those two years you've put in are, congrats! Still sweating it here, but with less than 2 years left to go, know I'm going to be posting about successfully going all 5 years in my CH 13 in a couple years, and then will be cheering you on when you join the CH 13 crowd too! Keep up the good work!
                              Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                              Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X