Holiday gift idea that costs only a stamp. Best gift I've ever given

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday gift idea that costs only a stamp. Best gift I've ever given

Well, you know the story. We are broke and it's christmas. the kids are getting presents from us because we have scrimped, saved, and shopped the bargains. However, we don't have any left over for all other other family (and we draw names so it isn't too bad).

So, this year, I decided to go in a different direction. Last week I sat down with some cute stationary that I printed out from a free online site and wrote a letter to each one of my family members (and the in-laws). this took a couple of nights. I poured out my feelings of gratitude for them and for the role they have played in my life and the life of my family. I told a funny or meaningful story that I love about them. And, I sent them.

I wrote down "Don't open until Christmas" on the first batch, but forgot on the second. Today I got a phone call from my sister-in-law (who we haven't had the best relationship) and she was in tears saying how much that meant to her. She was humbled that I would remember the story I retold in the letter. She said it was the best gift because she knew it was straight from my heart.

A few hours later, another phone call by my husband's 92 year old Grandmother. She was all tears.

I felt so good, and it only cost a stamp.

Love it!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I'm in tears, and I didn't even get a letter from you! What a great story
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
        Me too! That's a great idea! And getting letters is so special in this electronic age as well.
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
          Me too! That's a great idea! And getting letters is so special in this electronic age as well.
          Me three! Sounds like a gift that gives back.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Nothing is stronger than the power of the pen!! What a GREAT idea!! Thanks for sharing!
            Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
              I'm like you f2b. Not gonna lie. My eyes are watering. I can't just bust out bawlin' - I'm at work, know what I mean? Very nice story.
              Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X