File today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File today....

I'm so nervous. But am hoping I can relax a little. There's not much of a Christmas in terms of gifts, but glad I have my family and am praying for a little peace of mind. We didn't even do a tree this year.

Any last minute questions I should ask my attorney or words of advice?
    Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

Boomerkae - Sitting with the attorney filing the paperwork is the beginning of your freedom! Just take your time looking at each paper, and make sure the numbers match your records. My attorney's paralegal made a $400.00 monthly income boost error on mine, which I missed at my initial appointment, so they had to do an Amendment.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

congrats boom...this is the first step to a new life for you and yours....

as far as Christmas...that's all in the heart and not the gifts...as long as you got some food and a roof...and a few people around you that you love...you are good to go!!!

have a blessed holiday!!! it will all get better...promise!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        as far as Christmas...that's all in the heart and not the gifts...as long as you got some food and a roof...and a few people around you that you love...you are good to go!!!
        THat' what I keep reminding myself. My son is two and my daugther 3 months. My son only understands what I tell him - so I'm not making a big deal out of Christmas. As far as I'm concerned - the tree at his daycare is just a new decoration for a few weeks. Does make me sad to see though...
        Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

Comment

I met with an attorney yesterday who said wait till jan when the new rules are applied, she said it would make the payments less so just check on it.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerkae View Post
            THat' what I keep reminding myself. My son is two and my daugther 3 months. My son only understands what I tell him - so I'm not making a big deal out of Christmas. As far as I'm concerned - the tree at his daycare is just a new decoration for a few weeks. Does make me sad to see though...
            i so feel for you...but lets look at this positively....your kids are still very little so they really don't understand much....actually, even if you went to the dollar store and grabbed a few things and put a bow on it ...i'm certainly your 2 year old will be just as happy ripping up paper as what's inside the paper...

our little grandson is turning 2 in a couple of weeks and he's really not caring other than for some kisses...that's the BEST gift you can give...promise promise promise...it will get better!!!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Boom, if not having a tree is making you sad, by all means put one up! And bake some Christmas cookies and make some hot chocolate and share it around the tree. If you don't have a tree, try craigsist's free section - lots of folks have given up on selling them so close to the holiday, so I bet you'd find one. And...next year will be better....that's what I have been telling myself and my kids (who are older and understand, maybe too much) the holiday will be what you make it!
              Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
              New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by sirfranky View Post
                I met with an attorney yesterday who said wait till jan when the new rules are applied, she said it would make the payments less so just check on it.
                What new rules are you talking about?

Comment

yeah I haven't heard of any new rules - anyone know what is changing?
                  Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
                  Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X