Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed

Yea!

Our plan was finally confirmed yesterday that we filed in March. 51 months to go!

congrats on your confirmation!

confirmed 7/22/10 1 year done, 4 more to go!
    Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Mine was pretty quick. I filed Oct 20th, 341 meeting Dec 2nd, confirmed Dec 23rd. Nice Christmas present.

Comment

congrats!! Mine only took 6 months to confirm.... Its a good feeling to go into the new year knowing that the budget is set in Black and White!
        Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

May I ask why it takes so long to get confirmation? Were there previous objections to your plan? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedOptions View Post
            May I ask why it takes so long to get confirmation? Were there previous objections to your plan? Thanks.
            Here in the forum you'll see a lot of variation for the time between filing and when a Ch 13 plan is finally confirmed. There are many reasons for this, but the primary ones are that the filer's attorney and the Ch 13 trustee are working through a disagreement to reach a compromise, that the Ch 13 trustee has filed one or more objections to the plan, and/or that a creditor has filed one or more objections with the court. All disagreements and objections have to be resolved before a Ch 13 plan can be confirmed.

As you can see from my signature, we had three trustee and creditor objections to deal with, so our Ch 13 plan wasn't confirmed for 15 months after we filed.

Honestly, every Ch 13 filing takes its own journey. Yours will as well. The specific reasons for any Ch 13 filing's confirmation delay are often related to that filer's Ch 13 trustee's customs, prior case law decisions, and local court practices. That means there's not much to be learned by comparing how long confirmation takes one filing vs. another.

Relax and let your filing move along at its own glacial pace and deal with whatever might happen when it happens. Worrying about something happening won't do a single thing to prevent it and is a big waste of precious energy.

If the worst does happen and you do get objections (which are common in Ch 13 cases), keep in mind that the bk court doesn't do much of anything quickly. You can count on things moving along more slowly to confirmation than you hoped while the objections are resolved.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

During that period between filing and getting confirmed - do you make payments to the trustee to what your plan is? Do you abide by your budget you worked out? Can you save some money during that time until you get confirmed?

Comment

The first payment to the trustee is due within 30 days of filing, so yes, you would make payments until you are confirmed. Ask your attorney about this and they will provide the amount/mailing address/etc.

Yes, you should stick to your budget and yes, if you can save some money by all means do so!
                Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

as Newbie said .. make those payments on time every month until confirmation....In some states (such as FL) the 60 month count down starts with the first payment!! however do be aware.. that if your payment does increase at confirmation (mine went up about $50.00 a month) you will have to get the shortfall sent to the trustee asap! I found the 5.5 month lag a good time to learn how to live on the budget set for me (and yes it is tight but by cutting some things out I can actually have a bit of a life!)
                  Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                    Here in the forum you'll see a lot of variation for the time between filing and when a Ch 13 plan is finally confirmed. There are many reasons for this, but the primary ones are that the filer's attorney and the Ch 13 trustee are working through a disagreement to reach a compromise, that the Ch 13 trustee has filed one or more objections to the plan, and/or that a creditor has filed one or more objections with the court. All disagreements and objections have to be resolved before a Ch 13 plan can be confirmed.

As you can see from my signature, we had three trustee and creditor objections to deal with, so our Ch 13 plan wasn't confirmed for 15 months after we filed.

Honestly, every Ch 13 filing takes its own journey. Yours will as well. The specific reasons for any Ch 13 filing's confirmation delay are often related to that filer's Ch 13 trustee's customs, prior case law decisions, and local court practices. That means there's not much to be learned by comparing how long confirmation takes one filing vs. another.

Relax and let your filing move along at its own glacial pace and deal with whatever might happen when it happens. Worrying about something happening won't do a single thing to prevent it and is a big waste of precious energy.

If the worst does happen and you do get objections (which are common in Ch 13 cases), keep in mind that the bk court doesn't do much of anything quickly. You can count on things moving along more slowly to confirmation than you hoped while the objections are resolved.

Thank you for the excellent explanation. I appreciate it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X