Credit Score and Report 8 months into Chap 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score and Report 8 months into Chap 13

I filed BK on April 30, 2010 and decided to check my credit report and score and thought I'd share how BK has effected both.

Before filing, my Equifax score was 730 and none of my payments were 30 days late. My car loan is included in my trustee payment and I pay my mortgage directly.

My current Equifax score is 593.

I have an AmX card and Discover card that did not have balances at filing and still show as open. AmX shows no BK and says "paid as agreed". The Discover card shows I'm in BK.

All other accounts that had no balance are closed and show paid as agreed. Some of these were closed after BK, many were closed earlier. All show a positive payment history.

All credit card accounts that had balances and my stripped mortgage are shown as "included in bankruptcy" or "wage earner's plan".

Capital One reported me as 30 days late in May. I disputed that since I was not 30 days late until after I filed.

Bank of America reports that I am in a wage earner plan, shows my current mortgage balance, but is reporting my timely mortgage payments every month.

Honda Finance shows a zero balance and shows the account as paid as agreed, but does not appear to be reporting the monthly payments. No mention of bankruptcy.

On the whole, it's better than I expected. I'm glad to see how BoA and Honda are reporting and hope that continues.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X