Off to see Atty today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to see Atty today...

I am so stressed out, I think I am going to throw up! Confirmation set for 1/13...but as mentioned, we are now separated & we have to figure this out. I'm thinking...can me & the kids swap to CH7 (i am JUST over the income but that wouldn't include child support so I'm thinking the answer will be no) so instead...can i just stop paying this house, let it go..I should have several months before they try to put me out. Pretty sure my parents would co-sign for me to rent somewhere. And I would have money saved by then. And just move on. I cannot believe this is my life.

And as I type this..he is bothering me about how I was the one who wanted to SAVE this house & we should have just moved last year before we filed...yeah...but I wasn't the one who thew away my marriage now was I? Ugghh!

I wish I had some good avice for you. It's bad enough facing divorce OR bankruptcy, I can't imagine dealing with both at the same time. Hopefully the lawyer will be able to offer some encouragement. In the meantime, hang in there and know that there WILL be much better days ahead.

Comment

Child support is exempt and doesn't count towards your income so you should be fine.
      Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
      9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
      Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

Comment

Hang in there - I am sure it does not feel like it now, but a year down the road you will be so proud of yourself for getting through all of this. Your attorney will be able to give you a plan that makes sense.
        Filed Chapter 13 4/9/2010
        Confirmed 10/8/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X