Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment on Schedule J If Stripping a 2nd Mortgage Lien

Hello,

Here's my situation: Chapter 13, stripping lien on 2nd mortgage. On my schedule J, do I include the 2nd mortgage payment as an expense, or do I leave it off, as I am "projecting" that I will no longer have that expense?

This is relevant to me because if I must include it as an expense AND show enough to afford a payment plan, then the lien is stripped and my $1200 2nd mortgage becomes new disposable income, I'm screwed.

What I'd like to do:
    -Do NOT include the payment as an expense on Schedule J
    -Show about $500-$700 MDI
    -If the motion to strip the lien is granted, yippee.
    -If the motion to strip the lien is denied, convert to a 7.

Does the above sound possible, or do I HAVE to include the 2nd mortgage payment as an expense?

I live in California (9th Circuit) if that's relevant to this question.

Thanks,
    Doug

If you're stripping, you do not include the payment on the schedule J. I'm also in CA.
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Yes, you leave the expense off. My trustee wouldn't even recommend confirmation until the strip was done since it affects the plan.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I don't think you have to worry about it being approved. If you house is underwater, it will be. This is pretty much a black and white question.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X