Making payments until payroll deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making payments until payroll deduction

Silly questions - but I'm about to make my first payment.
    Does anyone pay online through their online banking system?

Who does the check actually get made out to?
    Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

Mine was made out to the ch 13 trustee and sent to her address.

Comment

Most trustee's will not take online payments - have no idea why, seems crazy to me, but it is what it is.

Before you go and mail out a personal check, make sure your trustee accepts them; some accept them, some dont. Luckily for us, before our payroll deduction began (also done by company check to the Trustee) we were allowed to pay by personal check. Make note that it takes about 7-10 days for payment to go from the TN location to your account handled by the Trustee, so ensure you give yourself enough time for payment to post by your due date.

Good luck to you!

Comment

What is you send it over night to the trustee in a money order or cashiers check.

Comment

Check with your trustee. We were required to mail it certified and the trustee would only accept a cashiers check, no personnal checks. I was greatful for the payroll deductions to kick in!

Comment

Check with your lawyer. He/she will know what forms of payment your trustee will accept. You can also call the trustee's office and ask, but most trustee office staff are reluctant to speak with you directly if you have a lawyer.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by boomerkae View Post
              Silly questions - but I'm about to make my first payment.
              Does anyone pay online through their online banking system?

Who does the check actually get made out to?
              Our trustee doesn't accept anything but cashier's check so this is not even an option for us. It would be nice to have this so it's taken care of automatically but we think our trustee wants to ensure he gets paid. Personal checks are too risky and may bounce.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X