top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed in Dec of 2010 but creditors are still filing claims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed in Dec of 2010 but creditors are still filing claims?

I just checked Pacer and found out that a claim was filed from BofA. It looks like the report was filed today but the claim was filed on 11/17/10. I assume I can just ignore this? I was confirmed in Dec and am paying 0% to unsecured creditors. Can I ignore all future claims by unsecured creditors? Thanks.

Hmm, it looks like the claim was transferred from BofA to Portfolio Recovery Associates on 1/6/11 and was filed today. Thus, BofA filed the original claim on 11/17/10 and now it looks as though they gave/sold the claim to Portfolio Recovery Associates. Any idea if I need to do anything? Why would they transfer a claim when unsecured creditors are getting 0%? I am going to guess that in case I default on my Ch. 13, they would be in line to recover money from me?

Comment

They file the claim in case something happens that increases your payment to unsecured creditors, like you win the lottery, get an inheritance or a significant increase in income.

I don't think you need to do anything about the new claim. A couple of companies who bought debts from my creditors filed claims. Eventually, on the Chap 13 Data Center, my trustee changed the amount of the claims by the original creditors to zero.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks Lady in Red. That makes perfect sense.

Comment

I am learning so much from this site ... I have a question, probably dumb, but if you are paying 0% to creditors, who is being paid? Only the atty. and your lender? Just curious. Thanks!

Comment

Priority lenders get paid 100%. That includes back taxes, the attorney, and the trustee, and arrears on house payments, etc.

Comment

Only the trustee, lawyer and car payments are getting paid. My credit cards are receiving nothing at all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X