Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small "gift" for attorney and staff?

Hi,

I'm recently confirmed in my chapter 13. I'm pretty happy w/ how the plan was laid out, small payments etc. I'm just wondering if having a gift basket, thank you card or something along those lines sent to my attorney's office is something that should be done. Is that something people do for someone in that field? Should I not because I'm apparently broke?

Thank you

I would go ahead and do it. If you have a little extra to be able to do it, go for it! There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Bake them some cookies or something.... I think that would be nice
    My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

It's not common, but there is nothing wrong with doing it. It will be appreciated.

If you really want to thank your attorney, write a slightly more elaborate testimonial (with some specifics, e.g. I never had a problem getting hold of my attorney, calls and emails were returned etc etc, or, the bankruptcy went off without a hitch, everything my attorney said would happen did and everything went very smoothly) and give the attorney permission to use the testimonial (anonymously) in their marketing.

Comment

i know our atty asked if we were pleased to write an on line review of the firm...which we happily did. i forgot the site because thankfully it was a while back...but it was a young firm and they did an excellent job...we couldn't afford a "gift" , but are hoping the excellent review resulted in the "gift" that kept giving...
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

When our insurance agent, and his wonderful staff, finally found an insurance company to insure us after our BK, with a rate that we could afford--with all our various 'concerns' that insurance underwriters like to exclude--I went to the Deli department at our local supermarket, and had a lunch meat and cheese platter made up with all the fixings, and took it in as a 'Thank You' gift. They had spent weeks trying to help us, and I felt it the least I could do. They seemed to appreciate it.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
            When our insurance agent, and his wonderful staff, finally found an insurance company to insure us after our BK, with a rate that we could afford--with all our various 'concerns' that insurance underwriters like to exclude--I went to the Deli department at our local supermarket, and had a lunch meat and cheese platter made up with all the fixings, and took it in as a 'Thank You' gift. They had spent weeks trying to help us, and I felt it the least I could do. They seemed to appreciate it.
            That's a GREAT idea - an office lunch!! I know my workplaces would have rather had a free 'meal' than snicky-snacky stuff. You are so sweet to have thought of that!!
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Thank you for all the input and great ideas. Their office is only 5 minutes away. I'll drop off a little something for them. Thanks again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X