Our Discharge Letter from the Court Came Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Discharge Letter from the Court Came Today

Sixty five months after signing the papers for the Bankruptcy it is over. The discharge was signed on the 12th of January and arrived today. I suppose I'll get a confirmation letter from my lawyer by June.

So, finally we are free and clear to navigate. The only glitch was that the Trustee was a month behind on the mortgage which we are making up by the end of this month.

It was funny, along with the letter of discharge came two credit card applications (unsolicited) and a letter of congratulations from a local car dearler... Unbelievable.

Regardless, thanks to everyone on the board for your support. You made the hassles that went along with the associated trials and tribulations much easier to stomach. Best wishes to you all.

That's such wonderful news. I'm so happy for you, and can't wait to be in your shoes. 2 payments made...58 to go...
    Last edited by cspa522; 01-18-2011, 01:23 PM.
    Filed: 11/10; 341: 1/11; Confirmed: 2/11
    49 payments down, 11 to go...

Comment

Nomad,

That is great to hear. Congrats. I'm in PA and waiting for that magic letter to come. I'm hoping it will be soon. I'm at 63 months since filing petition, so you give me hope that my time is coming soon.

Again, congrats to you.

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Congratulations ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
        My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

WONDERFUL!!! congrats!! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!!!!
          Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Congrats, Nomad!! So great to hear your long Ch 13 journey is over at last and ended successfully! You give all of us 13ers hope our cases will end well too. Enjoy your new financial life free of your trustee - heaven knows you've earned your discharge a hundred times over! Go forth and prosper, but come back every once in a while and let us know how post-13 life is treating you. High-fives all around!

And now it's time for.....wait for it.....

a Ch 13 discharge party!!

Balloons and confetti on my cue...... woo hoo!!
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget