No announcement yet.

Trustee Permission after all payments are made but discharge not received yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee Permission after all payments are made but discharge not received yet

Is it hard to get a trustees approval to apply for a mortgage loan after you pay all the payments in and are done with your 13 but have not received the discharge yet?
    We paid ours off two weeks ago or so and have no more payments and the show on the web they have it all paid in full but a wait now for a discharge. But we want to apply for an FHA loan mortgage and wondered if the trustee would give us a hard time since after all we paid it off in full now.

I doubt it. But from a practical perspective, you probably don't want to apply until you actually receive the discharge.

Comment

The reason we ask is that we know someone in the mortgage business and he ran our credit and said if we had permission he can get us approved no problem but can not do it without the trustees approval in writing. I just dont see why they would deny it since we paid the plan in full.

Comment

Would the rate be the same as if you waited for a few months the discharge? A mortgage is usually for 30 years and even a single percentage point can mean a lot of dollars. I don't think home prices are going up any time soon.

Comment

How do we get trustee permission for mortgage? Do we do it or our attorney supposed t

We are paid off in full now on our chapter 13 and waiting for discharge and owe no more payments.
          How do we go about getting permission to get a mortgage? Is this something we have to do or is an attorney supposed to do this?
          We are approved for a mortgage as long as we get in writing from the trustee his approval and just dont know how to do it.
          thank
          Ron and Kathy

Comment

Yes the rate would be the same with fha they said as long as we had permission from trustee otherwise we have to wait till discharged if we dont have trustee permission and I just dont see why they would turn it down since were paid off and owe no more payments.

Comment

If you are not yet discharged, you still fall under the jurisdiction of the Trustee. Speak with your attorney.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I doubt there would be a problem getting trustee permission, it just depends on the trustee.

Comment

thats what I mean I have no idea how this trustee is

Comment

Good luck with your trustee then. Do you have an attorney that can make the request for you?

Comment

I sent them an email to ask them what to do so wait and see if I get a reply, since all payments are made they dont seem to eager to answer us anymore on questions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X