top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed this morning. Meeting with Trustee 4 March. Waiting to see how things change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed this morning. Meeting with Trustee 4 March. Waiting to see how things change.

My lawyer filed the Chapter 13 paperwork this morning. I havn't felt this way since New Year's eve 1999........ waiting to see what happens when the clock hits 2000. Hoping this isn't the calm before the storm. Its a good feeling to know that I've taken steps to get this "monkey" off my back.

Accepting that you have a mountain of debt that you can't pay off no matter how hard you try is the first step. The next is making a plan to do something about it. Good for you! You're won half the battle already! High-fives all around!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Good luck! It is a good feeling. We ignored our problems for a long time before we filed for chapter 13. We aren't confirmed yet either, but our life has already gotten a lot better since we filed.

Comment

Thanks all.. This site has been a huge help. Its good to talk to people that are going through the same thing. I'm looking forward to the next several months; there is actually light at the end of the tunnel now. Its a five year tunnel....but at least its a solution.

Comment

Congrats on filing. I filed in july 2010 and am awaiting confirmation. I made mistakes in my business and let fear take over. I finally realized that I had to take control and take steps to take care my debt. It was hard and I am embarrassed, but hope that one day soon I realize this was the right step. Everyone says it gets easier. That the 1st year is the hardest of the plan.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X