How to sign up for Pacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to sign up for Pacer?

In a letter our attorney sent, he said included was the instructions for signing up on the Pacer website. I didn't see anything but the address to get to the website, but wasn't able to sign up for an account. It looked like it was an
    attorney website or for creditors. Any hints until my attorney gets back to me on that? I want to watch to be sure my payment is received ok. Sending the first one tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!
    Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
    1% to unsecured creditors
    25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

Just go to the website, and go through the process as if you were an attorney ;) You just list your own name as the "company" or "business" name. I felt the same way...somehow it felt like I was out of bounds.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

There's a Pacer Sticky...just search Pacer in the search on the upper right. It's a step by step guide how to sign up. Yes, it does look strange, but the guide here on the forum will show you how! You'll become addicted to it, like the rest of us! LOL
      Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Originally posted by lookin4info View Post
        Any hints until my attorney gets back to me on that? I want to watch to be sure my payment is received ok. Sending the first one tomorrow. Thanks for your help!
        Here's the link to the forum PACER sticky - http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...-What-is-PACER

And here's a link to the PACER FAQs webpage - just about everything you need to know about how to sign up and use PACER is answered here - http://www.pacer.gov/psc/faq.html

Good luck!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks everyone! With your help, I did get logged in on the Pacer website and it's pretty cool. Only one creditor has filed a claim so far if I'm looking at it right. We filed 1/13, so thinking there should be more. Maybe they ain't gonna show, lol!
          Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
          1% to unsecured creditors
          25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X