Plan Base in 13DataCenter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan Base in 13DataCenter?

I'm just finishing my second year in a 1% 13 plan. I was on the cusp of being able to file for a 7, however they took a one time bonus and projected it as future income that put me just a few dollars over that magic divide.

Now - to my question. I've been reviewing my case on 13datacenter and I see I have a plan base of 51,000. So far I've paid 26,000 into it. If I continue at this rate, the plan base will be met at the end of my fourth year.

What happens if the plan base is met early? Do I keep paying into the plan until the 60 month mark is met? Does the trustee then consider all obligations met and close the case? Does the plan base even mean anything?

Originally posted by NeedMoreCash View Post
    What happens if the plan base is met early? Do I keep paying into the plan until the 60 month mark is met? Does the trustee then consider all obligations met and close the case? Does the plan base even mean anything?
    Yes, unless you are in a 100% plan you go the full length of the plan. If it is 60 months, then you go the whole 60.

Comment

The plan base doesn't really mean much, either does the original 1% figure to unsecured creditors. You must pay all your disposable income to the plan for 60 months. So, it sounds like your unsecured creditors will end up getting more than 1% of their claims paid.

The info in 13datacenter may not be correct, especially if your plan was amended after your initial filing. They may have entered the data from your original plan, but didn't change it when the plan was amended.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
        Yes, unless you are in a 100% plan you go the full length of the plan. If it is 60 months, then you go the whole 60.
        The one who posts more briefly posts first. In other words, it wasn't my intent to rephrase what walkthaplank said so well.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X