• Show
Clear All

I will gladly trade payments.

$80k/yr joint income
    $700 mortgage outside plan
    $375 car outside plan
    2 kids still at home

$1,050/mo plan payment.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

There's no way for me to tell if it's "fair" or not... but our income for 2011 was right under $80,000 and our monthly payment is $1430. Our house is free and clear too. Wanna trade payments??? LOL
      4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
      6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
      7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

Originally posted by andy158 View Post
        I will gladly trade payments.

$80k/yr joint income
        $700 mortgage outside plan
        $375 car outside plan
        2 kids still at home

$1,050/mo plan payment.
        With similar income, I'll trade you my $500 plan payment if you will trade your mortgage payment for my $1700 mortgage payment. But, wait! My $300 car payment and attorney fees are included in that $500. I think I'll stick with mine unless the mortgage swap will continue after our plans are complete.

This thread is a good illustration of why comparing our plan payments is pretty meaningless without a comparison of our entire situation. There are so many factors that will determine each debtor's plan payment. What is important is that when your attorney tells you what your plan payment will be, you make sure you understand how it was calcualated so any errors can be corrected. If there are no errors and the payment still sounds too high, you need to reevaluate whether (1) you neeed to get more realistic about your budget, (2) you are trying to keep assets you can't afford and/or (3) BK is a good option for you.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X