What now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What now?

I think... mind you I think.... that we are done paying our Chapter 13 but I am not sure what the next step is.

This is what the online data site says:

Percentage To Unsecured
    Or Unsecured Plan Base 100
    Plan Base $24,155.00
    Total Paid into Plan $24,390.00
    Total Paid to all Parties $23,898.57
    Total Paid to Creditors $21,784.38

It says the case is still open. A month ago we sent in paper work saying that we did the class way back when and yadda yadda but have not heard anything back. My husband is in the military and they set it up to take $475 out of him and we can't get that to stop, they have to and we have not heard from them yet. If my math is right, they should be sending us a check as is correct?

How long after you pay do they get things closed?

Originally posted by BookGoddess View Post
    I think... mind you I think.... that we are done paying our Chapter 13 but I am not sure what the next step is.

This is what the online data site says:

Percentage To Unsecured
    Or Unsecured Plan Base 100
    Plan Base $24,155.00
    Total Paid into Plan $24,390.00
    Total Paid to all Parties $23,898.57
    Total Paid to Creditors $21,784.38

It says the case is still open. A month ago we sent in paper work saying that we did the class way back when and yadda yadda but have not heard anything back. My husband is in the military and they set it up to take $475 out of him and we can't get that to stop, they have to and we have not heard from them yet. If my math is right, they should be sending us a check as is correct?

How long after you pay do they get things closed?
    The trustee will have to do a final report of all distributions. This will generally take a month or so. They are not quick to finalize these things. If I were you I would call your case trustee and find out for sure if there was an overpayment. Generally, if there is they will be issuing you a refund. Other than that congratulations on completing a 13.

Comment

It doesn't feel real... If I knew then what I know now we wouldn't have done the bankruptcy, but then if I knew then what I know now we wouldn't have needed to right. LOL It as it was not a huge debt, we could have paid our way out of it with the DR plan but this really is amazing. Being debt free.... we just got a new to us Van, paid cash. It is old but wonderful and No Debt for it. However I would love the $475 back to put into savings to fix said old van when it breaks and all those other things that come up.

Now what... just.... odd.

Comment

Please contact your attorney to see if he/she will contact your trustee and ask to stop the automatic withdrawals while the trustee does your case audit. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't - depends on the trustee. It's worth a try.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I guess I thought things would move faster at this point. We finally finished! I have to take a step back and have more patience it seems. I had no idea things would move slowly at the end. LOL Excited though. My husband called the trustee and they said they are working on it but didn't give a time line. They are on our side right? They want to clear it all up? Is there another court date at the end or? We live across the country now, do we need to go to something? (We did the class way back when we started all this) I am very thankful to all of you who have experience in this world sharing what you know!

Comment

Congrats on completing your 13! Bravo!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X