top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 meeting last month.....Confirmed Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting last month.....Confirmed Friday!

Looks like I was CONFIRMED for my CH13. My payments are $900. Plan was $450 but my Legal team put down a Chase Payment of $450 that was incorrect....so now I am at $900.

Apparently the game plan is to "take a pass at the Bar date" and see how many actually file a claim, I may end up less that $900 (I am at 100% payback) I have about 59K in unsecured and my Lawyer feels that about half will file....is that normal?

My "Bar Date" is set for 5/19 ...that is more than 60 days many speak of..can't figure that one out? It is almost 4 months since the 341 meeting...is that normal?

Thanks in advance for the "Answers to questions that bother me so....J. Buffett"

Can I ask, did you attend your confirmation hearing? We're trying to figure out if we can be confirmed without attending the confirmation hearing. Our atty also stated that if we respond to the objections, the hearing may get cancelled and i could get confirmed without a hearing. Judge would confirm without a hearing. Is this true.

Comment

I went to the FIRST one......my Lawyer was late...and the Trustee suggested to my Lawyer to "take a pass at the Bar date" and he moved to not confirm at that time. We sent in a new plan which raised the payment to DOUBLE (gulp) to $900.

I DID NOT have to attend the second meeting.

Still trying to fiqure out what the "60 day club" is .....I am in the FOUR MONTH club!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying2BK View Post
        Still trying to fiqure out what the "60 day club" is .....I am in the FOUR MONTH club!
        The 60-day club is only for those filing Ch 7. The bk law allows 60 days after the 341 meeting for a creditor to object to the discharge of a specific debt listed in the Ch 7 filing.

For Ch 13, it's more like the "36 or 60 month club" There is no specified time frame in Ch 13 for objections to be filed.

Our Ch 13 timeframe: our creditors have 90 days after the 341 meeting to file a proof of claim to participate in the trustee's disbursements of your payments; governmental units (for ex, the IRS) have 180 days.

Although it's extremely rare, it is possible for creditors to file objections at any point during an active Ch 13, even after the plan has been confirmed. 99.9% of the time once you are confirmed, as long as you continue to make your payments on time and nothing financially devastating happens to you or your family, you pay the designated number of months until your plan is completed and you are discharged.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget