Confirmation Feb 08 2011 Nothing complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation Feb 08 2011 Nothing complete

My attorney says the Trustee has confirmed my Chapter 13, As of today March 11, 2011. I still have not received notice of confirmation. How long does it take? Is the court obligated to give notice in a certain amount of time? I really need the confirmation completed. I check ever day ont he National Data Center but nothing so far. They are paying some creditors not all, and have not updated to show complete. What can I do?

The trustee may recommend confirmation of a plan or indicate he/she will not object, but it's not the trustee who confirms your plan, it's the judge. In some districts, the plan is confirmed without a hearing if there are no objections. In other districts, there is a confirmation hearing that the debtor doesn't usually have to attend.

The National Data Center is not a reliable place to check the status of yur case. Ask your attorney when you will get a copy of the order. Or, get a PACER account so you can check the court records yourself. For info on Pacer read the following sticky: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...Guide-amp-Tips
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Ditto Lady, you'll need to check Pacer for updated info. National data center is pretty much only good for making sure your payments are being receiving and viewing what has been paid out.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Thank you LadyintheRed

I understand that the Trustee does not confirm. My lawyer stated that it had been confirmed after talking with the Trustee, I didnt think the Trustee confirmed. But I just have not received anything in writing. So I was curious if the court has a time limit.

Comment

At this point, try not to worry. I don't think there is a stipulated time frame that notices must be sent out within, but I could be wrong. Take the attorney's word as confirmation. He's unlikely to lie to you in this case. You're supposed to still be in relieved mode... too early to start the worrying already.
          Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
          Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
          60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Originally posted by rlee857610 View Post
            Thank you LadyintheRed

I understand that the Trustee does not confirm. My lawyer stated that it had been confirmed after talking with the Trustee, I didnt think the Trustee confirmed. But I just have not received anything in writing. So I was curious if the court has a time limit.
            I didn't make my point very clearly. Is it possible that what your attorney told you is that that the Trustee was going to recommend confirmation or wasn't going to object to confirmation? If so, that would mean your plan will almost certainly be confirmed, but it may not yet have been confirmed by the court. How long that takes depends on your court's procedures. Your attorney should be able to give you an idea of the timing.

NowImDownInIt is right. You really shouldn't be worried. If your attorney told you the plan would be or already was confirmed, assume it was or will be. You'll get a copy of the order eventually. Just keep making those payments!
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              Is it possible that what your attorney told you is that that the Trustee was going to recommend confirmation or wasn't going to object to confirmation? If so, that would mean your plan will almost certainly be confirmed, but it may not yet have been confirmed by the court.
              I was thinking this also.
              Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
              Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
              60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

I was confirmed on January 27 and received my confirmation papers a few weeks later from the trustee. For some reason it still isn't reflected on Data13. I guess it just takes a while for the paper work to get there and be processed.

Comment

For me, on Pacer it shows my case as confirmed on 3/1 but with a 10 day hold for a notice to expire. I still don't have the final order either. I know how you feel, I want this one last loose end tied up too.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X