Newbie - Question on Confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie - Question on Confirmation

So i got the letter from the judge saying the plan is confirmed.. Called my lawyer and he said he got the same letter and he was happy things are done.

I go online to my trustee website and its showing "not confirmed."

Can i assume it takes a few days to get him to update the site?

I ask because i filed 11/28, 341 meeting on 1/5 and back twice to renegotiate my terms.

End of the day, just want this behind me so i can move on..

Any next steps and/or what i should expect is appreciated.

CJ

If you are talking about the 13 Data Center then yes, it can take time to update it. I've noticed that on my trustees site they only add entries once a week. Congratulations on the confirmation, and good luck to you!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Mine took about 45 days to show confirmed... As long as you have the letter you are confirmed the. You are and should not worry!! It also took about 60 days for my trustee to start making payments.... Every trustee is different

Just breath now the worst is over!
      Congrats and tons of luck!!
      Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

So quick update.. the trustee site shows my confirmed date... One more question, on teh trustee site I reviewed the payee names. My lawyer was able to get me into a 5% payback plan on 155k in debt. I just noticed a student loan included for like $9 with them accepting 5%,. I didn't think student loans could be included. It says "unsecured private loan" so is that included?

I was going to call the trustee office and ask, but thought i would ask you all..

Cheers,!

Comment

Yes, a student loan is considered an unsecured loan that (as long as the lender files a claim) will be paid by your trustee at the same payback % as all the other unsecured creditors over the life of your plan.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Yay for them filing claim...

As far as the trustee sites go, they are good for showing your payments are being received, but don't rely on them for much else. They tend to be inconsistent and not accurately maintained.
            Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
            Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
            60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X