top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are you all sending in you tax refunds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you all sending in you tax refunds?

This year we got a small refund, I have since adjusted my withholdings so it shouldn't happen next year.

I'm in Middle District FL, and the letter I got said to not get your refund via direct deposit, and to not request an advance refund payment, as that would be considered a loan. But it didn't say how or when to send the funds to the trustee.

So how are we to send the check in? Do you deposit it and send in a money order, or endorse the check over to the trustee? Doing the latter, where would you write your case number?

The best source of reliable information about this is your own bk lawyer. There's no consistency in how Ch 13 trustees handle tax refunds across the country. What might be ok in one location isn't ok in another.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

We endorsed the checks and wrote on the back to pay to the order of the trustee.

Comment

Apparently there is no consistency across districts either. I am in Middle District FL and don't have to turn over my tax returns or refunds. Must be a division/trustee thing? I find that so bizarre.
        Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
        341 meeting - 4/2010
        Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

We had to pay our trustee the amount over $1,500 (as per our plan) last year which was $370. We had our refund check direct deposited into our personal account and sent the trustee a check made out in her name. Also emailed a copy of our tax returns showing the balance due the trustee.

For this year we adjusted our witholdings so we don't get a refund over $1,500 and no money goes to the trustee. We still have to forward copies of our tax returns to our lawyer which in turn forwards them to the trustee.
          Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X