Trustee payment forbearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee payment forbearance

Does anyone know if we can ask to do a forebearance on our trustee payment for about 3 months. The reason is our roof is starting to sag due to a wall being removed before the BK and we have 2X4's holding it up, but it needs to be supported with a beam.
    The cost is going to be approx. $3800. We have several bids and this is by far the least expensive. Do we need to ask our attorney to contact the trustee? I don't know if this is a good enough reason to ask for a forebearance. If our roof comes down the cost will be much greater of course.
    We are 11 months into our payments and everything has been confirmed.

Thanks for any advice-
    Filed Chapter 13 4/9/2010
    Confirmed 10/8/2010

always check with your attorney
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

Comment

It's called either a Motion to Waive Plan Payments or a Motion for Moratorium and yes, you have a good reason and, yes, you should contact your attorney. Typically you will waive a few payments and then increase your going forward payments slightly to make up for the missed payments. If you are not a 60 month Plan, instead of raising the payments you can extend the length of the Plan. This type of Motion is typical and not a big deal.

Des.

Comment

Thanks for the information Des- I am going to email our attorney tonight. I just did not want to raise any red flags, and this sounds like it would work for us. We are in a 60 month plan but I think our payment would increase by less than $100 since we can not extend the length of the plan- that would work for me.
        Thanks again-
        Filed Chapter 13 4/9/2010
        Confirmed 10/8/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X