top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long it takes for credit beaureaus to update showing discharge and debts discharg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long it takes for credit beaureaus to update showing discharge and debts discharg

How long does it usually take for the credit beaureaus to update to show the chapter
    13 is now discharged and to show all the scheduled creditors discharged as discharged and not show as included in wage earner plan?
    And is there a way to speed this process up at all we need it all updated for a mortgage since we are discharged finally at last.

thanks
    Ron and Kathy

Gosh, thats a great question Ron55, I would like to know myself because as soon as we pay our last payment on our chapter 13 we are surely purchasing a modestly priced home and slipping into retirement. Which will be, if my calculations and my repeatedly crunching numbers are correct, May of this year. Yah! If anyone knows that would be awesome. Btw, I have only one month to go, not ayear that my signature states.. oh yea, its been a hard road and I smell the finish line approaching.yeeeesss!
    Last edited by BKchapter13; 03-23-2011, 07:48 AM.
    Chapter13
    100% unsecured/secured payback
    "WAITING FOR DISCHARGE" DONE!

Comment

CONGRADTS we made it and discharged this month it is a happy thing to be done for sure.

Comment

It depends on when they get their credit report data from the court system.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I don't think the individual creditors will report at all.
          Hopefully the court's discharge will be reported by whatever data scraper service the credit bureaus use.
          All debts should already report "included in bankruptcy" status and will stay that way until they age off.
          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

From what I have read from other postings here, it is usually within days of getting your actual "discharge papers" in your hand. However, if you have the actual paper in your hand and your discharge is official, you CAN dispute the discharge with all 3 credit bureaus. If you dispute it, you can ensure they will update it quickly because they will contact the court, rather than wait for the court to do the updating. . .

Comment

its been two weeks since the discharge no update on credit reports yet

Comment

We were discharged in August 2006. We waited until October to pull all three of our credit reports to start cleaning up to ensure any creditors doing updates had the time to get them on. While many updated, many did not. Wait at least six weeks past discharge and pull those reports and start cleaning up. You will first have to dispute with the CRA and include a copy of your discharge paper and your creditor matrix showing that creditor in order to get it revised as quickly as possible. It is not an overnight process and could take several months. I would not do it online but via regular mail and enclose a copy of the discharge and creditor matrix to get the process moving along quicker.

Remember, that information will remain on your credit reports for 7 years after your Chapter 13 filing date. Nothing you can do will have that informatoin removed, just revised/updated as necessary.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Kuya View Post
                  From what I have read from other postings here, it is usually within days of getting your actual "discharge papers" in your hand. However, if you have the actual paper in your hand and your discharge is official, you CAN dispute the discharge with all 3 credit bureaus. If you dispute it, you can ensure they will update it quickly because they will contact the court, rather than wait for the court to do the updating. . .
                  The court does not update credit information on credit reports and the CRA's do not contact the court - they contact creditors directly.

Comment

Court stuff is compiled from various input sources.
                    For BK, most likely pacer, but maybe that's giving them too much credit, it may be done by hand.
                    For state courts, I've heard they hire temps to transcribe cases from court records.
                    If you dispute, and have changed address, you have a decent chance of the BK disappearing.
                    The last thing you want to do is send in your bankruptcy papers. (old credit repair maxim)

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                      Court stuff is compiled from various input sources.
                      For BK, most likely pacer, but maybe that's giving them too much credit, it may be done by hand.
                      For state courts, I've heard they hire temps to transcribe cases from court records.
                      If you dispute, and have changed address, you have a decent chance of the BK disappearing.
                      The last thing you want to do is send in your bankruptcy papers. (old credit repair maxim)
                      The only contact the court has with a CRA is to provide the information as to one's BK filing which is listed separately from credit accounts. That information includes date of filing and public record information but not address. It is virtually impossible to remove or have revised as the CRA will advise anyone inquiring that they will have to contact the court directly (went through it as our filing date was listed incorrectly). As to providing bankruptcy filling paperwork, the CRA will request that information to verify a dispute. We had to send in a copy of the creditor matrix and when discharged, the discharge paper. Otherwise the dispute will not be fixed if one does not comply with the request (stated in the notice one receives after the dispute is received). We've been through months of cleaning up credit reports since filing and it took up to about 6 months after discharge to finally get it all correct. Six weeks after the 7 year mark for our Chapter 13 filing, it all disappeared and we basically had nothing to update anymore. We just had to remove our creditor statement as to why we had to file.

Comment

All I can tell you is that with my prevoius chapter 7, I was able to get it removed from all 3 credit bureaus by disputing it. (after 3-4 years).
                        I had moved in the meantime.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X