chap 7 to chap 13 conversion and increased income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chap 7 to chap 13 conversion and increased income

I filed a chapter 7 in october 2010. due to ust objections and a significant increase in income the case had to be converted to a chapter 13on March 2011. My question is what happens to the income i have made betweem october and now. my lawyer says the money is mine to keep and the court trustee won't seize it. as virtually nothing my lawyer has said has come true, i am not sure i believe him. i have searched the forums and been unable to come up with any answers.

thanks in advance!

I thought your lawyer was right until I read this...

United States of America, v. William J. Johnson, 973 F.2d 857 See also, In re Calder, 795 P.2d 656 (Utah 1990) where he was disbarred.

However, there are different courts that view this differently, so it could be a local issue where the precedence is that money earned between filing a Chapter7 and conversion to Chapter 13, are not property of the estate.
    Last edited by justbroke; 03-27-2011, 05:33 PM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X