top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there only ONE Ch 13 Trustee in Colorado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there only ONE Ch 13 Trustee in Colorado?

I'm a bit confused here...is there only ONE Ch 13 trustee in Colorado? All the paperwork says Sally is the Ch 13 trustee...how can she possibly do it all? Is she the trustee we will be meeting with this Thursday for our 341 meeting?

Originally posted by MarieT View Post
    I'm a bit confused here...is there only ONE Ch 13 trustee in Colorado?
    Looks like it. http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/privat...ator/13.htm#CO

All the paperwork says Sally is the Ch 13 trustee...how can she possibly do it all?
    With the help of her staff.

Is she the trustee we will be meeting with this Thursday for our 341 meeting?
    Probably. But, I have read here about a trustee's attorney or a member of the trustee's staff presiding over 341s.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      Looks like it. http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/privat...ator/13.htm#CO

With the help of her staff.

Probably. But, I have read here about a trustee's attorney or a member of the trustee's staff presiding over 341s.
      Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

Yes, only one chapter 13 trustee for now, but a 2nd one is in the works. But understand, chapter 13 trustees are set up and work very differently than chapter 7 trustees. Right now, the chapter 13 trustee has 2 attorneys that work for her and a complement of staff, you will meet with one of the attorneys, either Bill or Aimee at the 341 meeting. So, your case is not so dependent on which trustee you get, it will depend on which attorney for the trustee you get . Both attorneys have their peculiarities.

Comment

We were extremely nervous but made it through the 341 meeting okay and I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Can it really be this easy? No creditors showed up and no creditors have made any claims yet so our attorney was saying that they might not even have to do the confirmation meeting at the end of the month and it might just get all approved without having that meeting. Our attorney said it is very unusual that the trustee didn't have any objections so I guess we are lucky. The only thing she asked for was for our attorney to re-do our monthly payment to reflect the tax return money we are getting but we already knew that.

So....does this mean that we just have to wait the 60 days now and we're done? The attorney for the trustee didn't say anything about us having to provide tax returns every year or our income statements every year...maybe that's the shoe that will dropping!

We are already getting credit card offers in the mail that I am shredding. No more credit cards for us...we're doing fine with cash and our debit card!

We also have received an offer from a car dealership saying they specialize in financing BK people so our BK and identilty must be somewhere these vultures can find it!

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
            Yes, only one chapter 13 trustee for now, but a 2nd one is in the works. But understand, chapter 13 trustees are set up and work very differently than chapter 7 trustees. Right now, the chapter 13 trustee has 2 attorneys that work for her and a complement of staff, you will meet with one of the attorneys, either Bill or Aimee at the 341 meeting. So, your case is not so dependent on which trustee you get, it will depend on which attorney for the trustee you get . Both attorneys have their peculiarities.
            I meant to say in my previous post that it was a lady we met with so maybe that was Aimee...unbelievable that I cannot remember her name right now! She was very quick and direct and seemed to know our attorney very well. Asked a few questions but nothing difficult. Our attorney said to decide which one of us would answer first each time so as not to have a delay and that worked good as we both had to answer each question even if the answer was the same.

Thanks HHM for responding to me!

Comment

It's extremely rare to have none of your creditors file claims. They probably still have a couple more months before the bar date and it's not uncommon for many of them to file right at the end. That said, if you do end up being one of the lucky filers with no claims filed, and you're not paying arrears, IRS, secured debts, etc. in your payment, then you should be able to discharge pretty quickly. Fingers crossed. X

Keep us posted and good luck!
              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
                It's extremely rare to have none of your creditors file claims. They probably still have a couple more months before the bar date and it's not uncommon for many of them to file right at the end. That said, if you do end up being one of the lucky filers with no claims filed, and you're not paying arrears, IRS, secured debts, etc. in your payment, then you should be able to discharge pretty quickly. Fingers crossed. X

Keep us posted and good luck!
                Yes...I think from looking at it, the creditors have until July 11th to file their claim so more waiting!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X