top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our confirmation requirements....seem normal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our confirmation requirements....seem normal???

Listed below are our confirmation requirments (word for word from attorney)......does this seem normal......anyone have the same?

You have certain responsibilities even after confirmation to ensure the success of your plan.
    1. You are required to provide to the Chapter 13 Trustee a copy of each filed tax
    return, both Federal and State, when it is filed, for as long as you remain in Chapter
    2. You must provide to the Trustee a revised statement of income and expenses
    (Schedules I and J) with supporting documentation (pay stubs and/or other proof of
    income).

How often does trustee want Schedules I & J? Each year with tax return?? I'd love to know this too.

Comment

My attorney told me the same, although he did not specify that I needed to provide state tax returns. I sent him my 2010 Federal returns already. I guess it really does not matter since the state return will not show anything that the Federal does not. He also said that they would technically want updated income and expenses but not to worry about it. He never said anything about pay stubbs or proof being needed.

Comment

These requirements vary by district and/or trustee. Some trustees want tax returns, some trustees want income/expense reports, some trustees want both, others don't want anything but your monthly plan payment.

If your attorney says that is what will be required, I'd trust that is what is required.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

This is what my order says......

ORDERED, that the Debtor(s) is/are directed to provide to the Trustee a copy of each
          Federal income tax return, and any amendment, at the same time it is filed with the taxing
          authority while the case is pending; and it is further
          ORDERED, that the Debtor(s) is/are directed to provide to the Trustee annually not later
          than 45 days before the anniversary date of this Order, a statement, under penalty of perjury, of
          (i) the income and expenditures of the debtor during the tax year most recently concluded before
          such anniversary date, and (ii) the monthly income of the debtor(s) that shows how income,
          expenditures, and monthly income are calculated; and which discloses (a) the amount and
          sources of the debtor(s)’ income, (b) the identity of any person responsible with the debtor(s) for
          the support of any dependent, and (c) the identity of any person who contributed, and the amount
          contributed, to the household in which debtor(s) resides.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristo View Post
            This is what my order says......

ORDERED, that the Debtor(s) is/are directed to provide to the Trustee a copy of each
            Federal income tax return, and any amendment, at the same time it is filed with the taxing
            authority while the case is pending; and it is further
            ORDERED, that the Debtor(s) is/are directed to provide to the Trustee annually not later
            than 45 days before the anniversary date of this Order, a statement, under penalty of perjury, of
            (i) the income and expenditures of the debtor during the tax year most recently concluded before
            such anniversary date, and (ii) the monthly income of the debtor(s) that shows how income,
            expenditures, and monthly income are calculated; and which discloses (a) the amount and
            sources of the debtor(s)’ income, (b) the identity of any person responsible with the debtor(s) for
            the support of any dependent, and (c) the identity of any person who contributed, and the amount
            contributed, to the household in which debtor(s) resides.
            Thank you and EVERYONE for the replies! Well this isn't too bad - I mean I KNOW for a fact that "our" trustee wants tax returns to grab refunds (I WISH I had refunds :-)...not sure about I and J - I think he figures if income is different - whatever different may be - then he'll ask for it or whatnot - jjust wanted to check what yours meant...that's not too bad...

Comment

Man... I'm glad we have the trustee we do... he isnt requiring anything other than to complete the plan.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X