• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Payment

I will be late this month by 2 days.

Will Trustee process the payment ?
    Should I call my attorney ?

I don't see a problem with subsequent payments.

No problem.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      I will be late this month by 2 days.
      Are you going send your payment two days late (which will add another up to 5 days until your trustee receives and processes it)? Or will your trustee receive the payment two days late?

Will Trustee process the payment?
      Very likely. However, making late payments is not a habit to get into - it's good that you don't see an issue going forward. Some trustees are very picky about on-time payments and will dismiss a case if payments are arriving late too often.

Should I call my attorney ?
      Yes. Do notify him/her that your payment is going to be late this month and explain why just in case your trustee is one of the prickly ones.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Agree with the others, however Lrprn makes a great point - it takes on average, 7-10 days from the time payment is mailed, then received at the PO Box for trustee to the time it credits to your account. So essentially you will be more than 2 days late in paying.

This is why payroll deduction is a great option.. you're never late, its always there on time, every time.

Comment

Hello!!!! Pandora, I just made the first 13 payment got to PO box on Tues, and this morning I see it credited on the 19th - was due on the 20th - phew. At least I sent it Express Mail (the first one) so I have absolute proof (including fax of signature of recepient) that it got there on the 17th.

BUT - in my district payroll ded is a must unless you have irregular checks, etc. - I don't see how that's better though - I much rather KNOW when I (ME) sent it, and can track it as opposed to payroll...I trust no one :-)

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
          Agree with the others, however Lrprn makes a great point - it takes on average, 7-10 days from the time payment is mailed, then received at the PO Box for trustee to the time it credits to your account. So essentially you will be more than 2 days late in paying.

This is why payroll deduction is a great option.. you're never late, its always there on time, every time.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
            Hello!!!! Pandora, I just made the first 13 payment got to PO box on Tues, and this morning I see it credited on the 19th - was due on the 20th - phew. At least I sent it Express Mail (the first one) so I have absolute proof (including fax of signature of recepient) that it got there on the 17th.

BUT - in my district payroll ded is a must unless you have irregular checks, etc. - I don't see how that's better though - I much rather KNOW when I (ME) sent it, and can track it as opposed to payroll...I trust no one :-)
            I hear ya IamOld - and I'll bet you were sweating bullets waiting for that to post Good thing you sent it Express!

We started out mailing our payments and doing it ourselves, however I stressed about it too much (will it make it in time, will it get lost) plus spent alot of $ to add tracking so I could ensure it was there. Eh - finally said fuhgedaboutit and had hubby do payroll deduction. It's paid on the 15th of every month for the 1st of the following month, so 2 weeks early and now, we just ensure that we keep all paystubs so that if one payment should go missing / uncredited, we can prove it was sent.

For some, its easier to mail out themselves, but for us, when you factored in tracking, nerves...etc.. LOL it was easier just to payroll it

Comment

LOL! I was sweating missiles not bullets!!!

(You missed my tale of voe - USPS express mail sent it to St Louis instead of Memphis, otherwise it would have been there on this past Monday....)

I actually don't mind ME sending it - priority mail costs a bit less than $5, I give it to the post office, it's scanned in and (st. louis notwithstanding) gets there in 2-3 days...so if I send it on the 15th, gets there on the 17th, will post on 19th. So that's the plan....for now....... :-)

I hear ya IamOld - and I'll bet you were sweating bullets waiting for that to post Good thing you sent it Express!

We started out mailing our payments and doing it ourselves, however I stressed about it too much (will it make it in time, will it get lost) plus spent alot of $ to add tracking so I could ensure it was there. Eh - finally said fuhgedaboutit and had hubby do payroll deduction. It's paid on the 15th of every month for the 1st of the following month, so 2 weeks early and now, we just ensure that we keep all paystubs so that if one payment should go missing / uncredited, we can prove it was sent.

For some, its easier to mail out themselves, but for us, when you factored in tracking, nerves...etc.. LOL it was easier just to payroll it

Comment

I'm playing catch-up on posts - been MIA for the past week doing things around house *boo hiss booo* ;) Am reading your post now... what a mess that is - glad it got straightened out for you!

ETA: for those that make payments towards the end of the month for the 1st of the next.. REMEMBER Memorial Day is a holiday so no mail will run that day...

Comment

Thanks Pandora!!!! I mean almost misdirected USPS Express Mail - all jokes about the Post OFfice aside -what are the odds!?!?!

Comment

2 days after due date to mail. My trustee posts within 1 day of mail everytime. I check online after each payment.

Also, payroll deduction wouldn't have helped me in this case since I am 100% commission and the commission wouldn't have covered the payment. Payroll deduction was never ever offered either.

Comment

I usually mail my our payment on the first, due by the 15th. I is usually about the 10th when it is posted to my account, but shows received 2 days after it was sent. I too keep checking the site watching for it to show up. I thought about sending it with return signature, but didn't know if that would delay it since it's only a PO Box and may not have anyone to sign. Priority at least is trackable and would make me feel better because I'd know it was there, even if it wasn't posted yet. I send money orders, the court said ok, because most of our income is from retirement. I work in a small company and was glad when I didn't have to do the payroll deductions so they didn't know my business, so it works better for us. Otherwise I can see where it would be a better choice for others. I will soon be making payment #5, got a long way to go, but so far, so good!
                      Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
                      1% to unsecured creditors
                      25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X