Question about wording on my Confirmation document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about wording on my Confirmation document

I was looking at my confirmation doc and wondering exactly what the following means?

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the future income of the Debtor (s) is submitted to the supervision
    and control of the Trustee, as is necessary for the execution of the Plan (or Amended Plan).

thanks
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

It means that you are to pay the trustee the agreed amount of dollars at the agreed intervals until you've made the number of payments included your plan.

If you are worried about the "the future income of the Debtor (s) is submitted to the supervision and control of the Trustee" part, it just means that if your future income changes (typically upwards quite a bit - usually more than 10% within a year and the increase is permanent), your trustee can petition the court to request to add the additional disposable income to your monthly payment.

Most trustees don't bother unless the income increase is significant and permanent. Even then some don't care as long as you make your payments on time. It completely depends on your trustee. You can ask your lawyer where your trustee falls on the bell curve and what could trigger a request from your trustee to amend your plan. (It sure won't be a *decrease* in income! )
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks lrprn! I was worried about that specific wording :-)
      Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
      341 10/7/10
      Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X