convert to 7 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

convert to 7 questions

I have been in my 13 now a year and a half. With uncertain job times for us all I was just wondering what would happen if I lost my job and had to convert to a 7. With unemployment compensation there is no way I could make my trustee payment and stay current on my house. I am in a 60 month plan. When I filed for 13 they looked at all my assets like my truck and various other things I owned. When you convert to 7 do they take into account the money you have already paid into the 13? So if my non exempt assets at the time of 13 equaled $15,000 and I have already paid $25,000 would they ignore the value of the assets? Obviously the value of the assets have depreciated over the last 1 1/2" years. I'm not hoping to lose my job and convert I was just thinking of a what if situtaion.

Mark
    Filed September 15 2009
    Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
    Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

Originally posted by Limitman View Post
    I have been in my 13 now a year and a half. With uncertain job times for us all I was just wondering what would happen if I lost my job and had to convert to a 7.
    It depends on how your plan is structured. Are you paying off mortgage arrears? Hoping to strip a second mortgage? Paying back IRS taxes?

When you convert to 7 do they take into account the money you have already paid into the 13? .... I was just thinking of a what if situtaion.
    That's the challenge with a hypothetical situation. We don't have enough information to answer the question for your unique circumstances.

Converting from a confirmed 13 to a 7 compared to voluntarily dismissing your 13 and then filing a fresh 7 work differently. Which one were you thinking about doing?
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Well, no mortgage arrears, my truck was my only secured debt in the plan and that is paid off now. My house I pay outside the plan. Basically all remaining debt is to unsecured. There was a $300 city tax bill but that got paid right away. The lawyer fees have all been paid through plan but they are paid off. There were a couple of creditors that never filed a claim. Originally I was at a 57% payback but now I am at 87% to the creditors that filed claims. I'm not sure how converting from 13 to 7 would be or volunteering to dismiss my 13 then file for 7 would be? Which would be best?
      Filed September 15 2009
      Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
      Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X