Chapter 13 in Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 in Massachusetts

I was doing some research the other night and it looks like there are only two chapter 13 trustees for the entire state.

I'm wondering if someone from MA who is or has been in a ch 13 for awhile could share their experiences as it is widely discussed here that different districts operate differently.

For example, since your payment was set in the beginning of your plan has it remained the same?
    Has your payment been adjusted higher due to raises, etc..

All the typical questions that are asked on these forums just specific to MA, how have they handled your tax returns, etc..

My 13 is fairly new. I've been wondering about some of those things, too.

Comment

No adjustments were done to my payments.

Comment

I haven't even had my 341 meeting yet - guess that makes me new too.

Comment

Keep in mind that what can happen in your case in MA could be different than another filer who has the very same MA trustee you do and a similar income, assets, expenses, etc. There's a lot of gray in Ch 13 law, and what seems minor to us can make a huge difference in how a Ch 13 case goes.

That's why depending on your Ch 13 lawyer to point out potential issues in your case to you is so important. They are most familiar with both your trustee's customs and the specifics in your case. That's a powerful combination that another filer can't give you.

Do you have concerns about your case and that's why you posted this question?
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Nope, no concerns, we will be filing ch 7 and there is always a chance of being converted. Just basically looking opinions on how life is for people in MA in a 13.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X