Child Support Ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Support Ending

We filed ch13 in DE about a year ago. My husband's oldest daughter's child support obligation will be ending next year. Will this have an impact on our ch13 bk? If so, what kind of changes? Thanks for your help!!

Your ex's child support was added in as a part of your income when your lawyer put your Means Test and Schedules together. Now that income is disappearing. That shifts your gross income total down unless your combined incomes have increased during the last year to offset the loss.

Contact your lawyer to let him/her know your child support will be ending next year and ask him/her to evaluate whether the income loss will impact your Ch 13 or not.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Since your husband will no longer be court ordered to pay child support, your payment will probably go up by the amount of the child support. I would contact your attorney to confirm.

Comment

We're in the same situation. My step-son will be 18 in two years and we just filed in April. My attorney said that the only way our payment would go up is if the trustee audits our case around that time. He also said that the trustee probably isn't aware/doesn't care that our son is almost of age so he won't be looking. Is my attorney giving me good advice? I don't want to commit fraud, but that extra $400/month would sure help out.
        4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
        6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
        7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X