top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed last month, now I need a cew car ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed last month, now I need a cew car ?

Hi All,
    I jsut sent teh email to my attorney just waiting on his reply, hopefully you can provide me some input.
    Basically I have my car that I kept as it was paid off, however teh car is 10 years old and I will need to put about 2K into it so it wont break forever, an opportunity just presented to me my brother is moving out of the country and he will take my old car and I just have to give me about $2500 and we are even, so question is will there be a problem with this? I will not be incurring any debt, just paying the difference with a bonus that I get on Friday.

Thanks for you help.
    Filed - 12.29.10
    341 - 2.10.11
    Discharged 4.2.16

whatthehell, your post is very difficult to read. You need to break it into sentences. It also isn't clear who is paying who $2500. And what the "difference" is that you are paying with the bonus. Are you planning to pay your brother to take your car? Or, maybe you are exchanging cars and you are paying him the difference between the value of your car and the value of his? Does your plan allow you to keep your bonus?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Oh my, I just noticed the garbage I wrote.

Yes, Basically I will give my bro $2,500 plus my current car and I keep the one he currently has, I just got teh email from my attorney's office and they say I need to file a motion to sell property, this will cost me $525.00 to do. Is this common?

I was confirmed two weeks ago and I still have not received the plan from the court, only the Attorney's letter to where to begin to send payments and confirming me the plan.
      My bonus was not in the last amendment the one that got approved, it was on the original one more then 6 months ago, so this tells me that I can keep it?
      Filed - 12.29.10
      341 - 2.10.11
      Discharged 4.2.16

Comment

It is common for an attorney to charge an additional fee to prepare and file a motion to sell property. I don't know what attorney fees are like in Florida. If they are anything like they are in California, $525 sounds like a good deal. Just to be safe, take a look at your agreement with your attorney to make sure the fee you agreed to doesn't include any extras.

If you expected this bonus and it was included as income when calculating your DMI, you should be able to keep it. Ask your attorney before you spend it.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

whathehell: Just to let you know, I am towards the end of my plan and I entered into my plan with very old/high mileage cars and have had to put ALOT of money into them throughout the plan (just spent $2,400 having the engine rebuilt on a 2003 with almost 200,000 miles on it). Anyway, if I had to do it over again, I would plan on having a more reliable vehicle in the beginning to make it through the ch13. If the $525 and $2,500 help over the course of the plan with a good vehicle, I'd say it's a good idea.
          CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
          Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

That 525 has me really thinking about staying with my current car and ride it as long as I can..
            Filed - 12.29.10
            341 - 2.10.11
            Discharged 4.2.16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X