The END

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The END

Wow after almost 5 years of paying 1400 a month I only have one payment left. This was a tough process but I survived it. It is amazing how you can make due when you need to. Well Thanks to everyone on this site. Also when would my wage garnishment end?

Thanks

Thank you for sharing this. We have been very scared to go into our 13 and we are still submitting information to see if we can do a 7. It is good to see there are survivors standing after going through five years of payments.

Comment

BEST WISHES!!! Have you called your atty to get the info on the wage order?

Comment

I had the same convo with my attorney ,i have it figured i will owe $22 after she pays out aug.I asked my attorney if i could just send her a check for that amount to try and get the wage order stopped earlier,he told me to go aheadHe explained that after she mails out all the money,the judge presiding over the case-not the trustee has to sent a wage order to my company to tell them to stop taking out money .

Comment

ccb35 - yeah, they're obsessed with this wage order business...

Comment

Congrats! How does it feel? Do you anticipate that fresh start feeling? i've wondered that with 13's. Just curious. And yes it is amazing what you can do when you have to.

Comment

Its not been easy,the hardest part is that being married ,the whole bankruptcy garnishment came out of my check and my wife was the one responsible for the day to day bills and everything else.the bk caused a strife between us,we have been seperated for about 2 and a half years.she has done her part and helped me for the most part,when she wasnt in the hospital ,on the verge of losing her job twice and things like that,having to rely on her was the worst part.I can deal with the staying at home and not having much money to do things .worrying about her job situation has been awful!I cant wait til i dont have to depend on her to help me .trustees should split up the amounts

Comment

Interesting...our trustee's office split up to where they take some out of my paycheck, and some out of my wifes...I agree it's much easier!
                (10/28/10 - Filed) (12/09/10 - 341), (1/20/11 - Confirmed)
                08/11/11 - Spouse filed Divorce
                10/11/11 - Payments amended

Comment

Steveok i sure wish my trustee had done the same believe memy advice to all married couples ,sit down and have a long talk and make sure you both can deal with the stress,the not being able to do a lot of things you used to.If you cant it wont work.sad thing is if she had been able to handle it better ,in the end we could have been out of this together and then we would be able to do what we want and have a good life.as it is now ,we will be getting a divorce toward the first of the year.

Comment

Congratulations! That's wonderful! Can't wait for our day!
                    Filed: 11/10; 341: 1/11; Confirmed: 2/11
                    49 payments down, 11 to go...

Comment

congrats somehow u made me even feel better, especially with such a high payment. Did you ever have extra?

Comment

i am paying $1540 a month on mine,that includes my house payment though.its still going to fee good to a $770 every two week raise

Comment

we are 6 months out from being completely done of a 5 year 100% payout!
                          it is the toughest thing you will ever have to do, that I can imagine....
                          our payments are 2345.00 monthly, paying a mortgage AND a car OUTSIDE the plan plus living expenses!
                          halfway thru, I thought we probably would divorce as well, but we are hanging in there...
                          we realize that the stress of being in this is causing (obviously) most of our lack of tension in each other....but we know when its done, the tension will be gone~ and hopefully we can move on in our lives....TOGETHER!
                          best of wishes to you!

Comment

So encouraging! I'm coming up on my 2 yr anniversary this Sunday...3 more years to go. Congrats to you all for finishing!
                            CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
                            Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

Congratulations!!!! I just started my five years and my payment is $1430/month. Glad to know you've made it through :-)
                              4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
                              6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                              7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X