top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time do you allow for your payment to get there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much time do you allow for your payment to get there?

I know I have seen it somewhere on here. We filed June 30th, and our attorney wrote on our papers for us to send $550 by July 30th to the Trustee Box in Memphis. I am in Alabama, so I could probably drive it there faster than some of you say yours gets there. I am also kind of curious why he didnt have us send the whole $1100 in. And at what point does the bimonthly payment come up? Is it the trustee that suggests that?
    Should I send it with delivery confirmation, priority mail or what?
    Thanks

I allow about 10 days from PA and it is usually there in plenty of time. Most times I just send regular mail, but this month I sent it Priority due to the holiday, they can be pretty slow in Memphis.
    Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I've been sending it Priority Mail - here is my timeline (so far)

Mailed Day 1 (say Monday)

Arrives Day 3 (Wednesday) EARLY in the AM

Check clears from my bank on Day 4 (Thursday)

I see it on 13network.com as deposited on day 5 (Friday) on Day 6 (saturday)

THe PO Box/lockbox is run by SunTrust.

Now I want to emphasize - my experience THUS FAR...

Comment

I am also in Alabama and have it drafted out of my Bank Account. It is so much easier than money orders.

Comment

I have started using Certificates of Mailing for $1.15 on my First Class Mail for proof that I mailed my payment.

Comment

We were an Asset 7 case. and had to make payments to our trustee to buy our stuff back from the BK Estate. I always considered that we were a razeed Ch13. We made monthly payments by money order to the trustee's postal box. I also sent it by certified mail with return receipt. Once that green card came back to me, I filed it in the appropriate pocket in my file.

Good luck.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

We send an online bank check from our joint checking account using our bank's online bill pay a full two weeks before the first of each month - that's when our payment is due. I've been doing this since our Ch 13 payment location shifted from our trustee's local office to the Memphis address three years ago. Our payment has arrived on time every month since then always with at least a few days to spare even during holidays.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget