top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Wonder the US Government is in Trouble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Wonder the US Government is in Trouble!

I am seeing first hand that there are too many chiefs and not enough indians!
    One department doesnt know what another department is doing!
    We had an installment plan with the IRS before we filed 13.
    The first letter we got stated that they saw that we had filed 13 and they would no longer be ACHing our payment.
    The second letter we got stated that they had not received our 2010 tax return and that if we didnt file them, our 13 could be dismissed.
    The third letter I just opened, dated August 1, said that we owed them $12000.

I have the electronic acceptance of our 2010 return dated JUNE 29, 2011.
    I looked on PACER and they filed their claim on our 13 date JULY 11, 2011.
    The PACER account claim INCLUDES our 2010 taxes.

I just shake my head.
    Our 341 is Thursday and I will just take all this with me...
    But I will call them tommorrow - I SO want to say..................READ THE DOCUMENTATION that you have - but I wont.

Originally posted by mdl View Post
    But I will call them tommorrow - I SO want to say..................READ THE DOCUMENTATION that you have - but I wont.
    Call your lawyer first thing in the morning and catch him/her up on what is going on so he/she will be prepared to address it during your 341 in three days.

If your lawyer says it's ok, then call the IRS yourself. However, given that your 341 is so close, your lawyer may choose to deal with the IRS issues then or notify your trustee beforehand that the IRS has sent bills for taxes that are included in your plan.

DO NOT call any creditor directly yourself after filing unless you have the prior blessing of your lawyer. You can mess up your case if you do or say the wrong thing by accident.

Also the IRS is like any large private corporation. Most big, complex companies all too often lose internal track of documents and decisions when the documents and decisions are made closely together by different areas of the company. These kind of mistakes are not exclusive to government.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget