top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New job and Ch. 13 wage garnishment...should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New job and Ch. 13 wage garnishment...should I be worried?

I just accepted an offer for an engineering position with Boeing, and I'm wondering how they will react to the wage garnishment for the Ch. 13 payments. They did not run my credit (fortunately) as part of my background check because it is not a financial position. And, there was not yet a garnishment in place with my current employer because we just filed a few weeks ago. So, Boeing payroll will get a wage garnishment order as soon as I start, and I'm a little concerned about any repercussions. Is there any cause for concern here?

Most likely no cause for concern at all. You can bet that you're not the only one......
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Right - as Frogger said, you ain't the only one! One great thing about working for a huge co, is that for payroll, you're just a "number" - form comes, it's handled, it's done, next customer please.

Comment

Thanks, frogger and IamOld. Makes sense! Boeing definitely is a big company, and I'm sure that this kind of thing happens all of the time.

Comment

What will happen is that your payroll department will receive instructions from the bankruptcy court/trustee as to your wage order and how they need to comply. Payroll information is confidential to other employees in the company. We all know sometimes employees leak stuff out and that would be your only worry. If you are truly concerned and you feel it could impact your new job, talk to your attorney to see if your trustee would allow you to submit certified checks each month for your payment to avoid deduction from your wages. Sometimes they will do that when one is starting a new job.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I contacted a friend of mine who works for Boeing, and has for about 25-30 years. He replied back:

"I did a quick search, and the only thing I found had to do with standard form-filling, "have you ever declared bankruptcy" type of stuff.

Boeing is a very good company and the fact of having declared bankruptcy I don't think would be an impediment. That type of info would be very private only among necessary human resources/payroll. Certainly there must be some type of garnishment agreements."

Good wishes to you!
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 08-16-2011, 06:00 AM.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I'm with ANgelina - in these large employers, the OP is in NO WAY alone. In fact, one of my P/T jobs is with a VERY large employer - when you call payroll it's like - press 1 for deductions, press 2 for taxes, press 3 for direct dep, press 4 for garnishments, press 5 for etc ... so it's just part of the business.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X