Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Confirmation...

Our confirmation hearing was on Monday.
    I havent received anything from the attorney.
    Pacer doesnt show that we are confirmed yet.
    However, it also says that there are "no future hearings scheduled on this case."
    I havent called the attorney. I dont like to.
    I have checked our hearing judge's docket through the end of the year and it shows nothing.
    I know I should call and probably will tommorrow, but what do you think it means?

Originally posted by mdl View Post
    I know I should call and probably will tommorrow, but what do you think it means?
    It could be that only three days after your hearing, your local court hasn't updated PACER yet. Many bk courts update PACER just once a week.

Wanting to know now if you are confirmed or not is understandable. However, unless there's an issue (you didn't indicate you thought there could be one), you can let this "cook" a little longer. If you don't see something on PACER in another week and don't receive something in the mail from the bk court, then call or email your lawyer to see what's going on. Good luck!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

You were right~
      Approval was yesterday.
      I see where they send it to my employer to pay $1095 a month.
      We have been sending $550 twice a month, so I suppose my employer will deduct 26 payments a year.

Comment

So now I have more questions...
        What exactly happens now? Do I feel like I can breathe easier - not feel like someone is watching me or what I buy or save?

Comment

Originally posted by mdl View Post
          What exactly happens now?
          Your Ch 13 plan is confirmed. Here's my suggestions on what to do now - others chime in too please:
          - Make sure you or your employer makes every one of your payments on time.
          - Don't do anything voluntarily that puts you back on your trustee's radar unnecessarily.
          - Ask about your employer's timeline sending the first payment to your trustee to ensure no payments are missed. Sometimes it can take 4-6 weeks to get the checks set up through HR/payroll correctly. Any payments that your payroll dept will miss until everything is in place you will have to make yourself.
          - Build an emergency fund as quickly as possible because for the next five years it's what you'll have to depend on getting through the inevitable financial stuff that happens until discharge. This is the time to cut expenses to the bone and put all that saved money in a checking or savings account at your bank.
          - If you haven't done it already, put together a detailed short-term and long-term budget and stick to them. There are many good budgeting software programs online that are free or low-cost.
          - If your spouse filed with you, create a partnership between the two of you so you are both regularly working on your finances together - no secrets, ever.
          - Talk over any major financial decisions that come up during your 13 and make them together.

Do I feel like I can breathe easier - not feel like someone is watching me or what I buy or save?
          Frankly Ch 13 trustees don't have the time or resources to be nosing into each of their filers' daily financial business in any detail. As long as your payments continue to arrive on time without fail and there's no suspicion of fraud or hiding assets, you won't hear a peep out of 99% of Ch 13 trustees for the duration of your plan.

Congratulations on your confirmation! Hang in there and keep making those payments on time!
          Last edited by lrprn; 09-16-2011, 11:09 PM.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget