Affect of my 13 on co-debtors credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affect of my 13 on co-debtors credit

One of my creditors is a line of credit that I share with 3 other family members. They have continued to pay...never missed a payment, but they are listed as codebtors in my plan. Is their credit at any risk as long as the payments stay current? And what happens to the line when I'm discharged? Since I'll no longer be on it, does the bank have the right to call the loan or ding their credit because of my default? I've been in for almost two years and the question just came up. No dings on their reports as of yet.

Originally posted by doublestop1 View Post
    Is their credit at any risk as long as the payments stay current?
    No. You filing bankruptcy does not affect their credit - only your own.

And what happens to the line when I'm discharged? Since I'll no longer be on it, does the bank have the right to call the loan or ding their credit because of my default?
    When the original line of credit loan was drawn up, were there any clauses included in the contract about what would happen if one of the four of you defaulted or filed bankruptcy?
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply. Helpful info. I'll look up those loan docs and see how it addresses BK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X