Anxious is not the word...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxious is not the word...

Made my appt to go pay my fee, file, and sign papers etc..Oct 3rd...I understand usually 341 is approx 30 days after that day...Will the collection calls begin to stop after that filing day or do they continue until the 341 or until confirmation???? PLease tell me they stop after the filing day!! My nerves are about shot!!! They even got my ex-husb phone number and called him one day!! I managed to explain my way outa that, and requested they not call him AGAIN!!! So ready to get the plan going, just so nerve wracked right now....

Collection calls should stop soon after you file. Have your case number ready to give to any creditors who do call after you file.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

The collections calls should stop within about a week of your filing. Once the 'Suggestion of Bankruptcy' goes out to your creditors, that puts them on notice. If one does call, simply answer the phone and say: "I filed BK on xx/xx/xxxx, and my case number is: *****

Now, you posted this in the Chapter 13 Forum. Are you filing a 13 or a 7? A 341 for a Ch7 usually is held about 30-40 days from the date you filed, depending on your district. Confirmation for a 13 takes much longer from what I have read.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

oh, I'm filing a 13...I may have read that wrong somewhere..I don't care as long as I can get the calling to stop!! Driving me into depression just about...

Comment

love your Worry quote by the way

Comment

Originally posted by 911mom View Post
            love your Worry quote by the way
            Thank you. They are both very true....
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...