??HSBC calling - mort in Ch 13 plan - payments are being made on time etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??HSBC calling - mort in Ch 13 plan - payments are being made on time etc

Ok guys - the king of paranoids here...a few days ago I began to notice that HSBC began calling once or twice per day without leaving a message.

So I called them - the 800# to the bk department.

Nice woman types on computer...then fervently apologizes - apparently computer error hence outgoing call - again much much apologies. Then I give them Oct payment over the phone.

yesterday again the call - I call them back - woman says essentially "what" - she says no outgoing calls made to me and yep, sees phone payment set for 30th Sept.

Well, yesterday they called again late night (I was in class) and again this AM.

Is this just a dialer run amoc OR should I let atty know just in case??? (and/or for the record??)

Your advise would be let your attorney know lol

Comment

karm...you're not helping!!!

But I think you're right - even for the record...sigh - hope atty won't slap me around

Comment

Oooh Oooh Oooh!!
        I am so hoping this is a violation and hence a money making opp for you!! Please please please let there be a 1K fine per!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

LOL!!! I'm hoping atty doesn't slap me around for bothering with something stoooopid. But it is the house and that spooks me. Were it the cars, I wouldn't ask her anything.

Well, they did apologize (ok hit me on the head now)

We'll see - I mean shouldn't they be able to control their autodialer???

As soon as I hear back from atty I'll post here!

(honestly, I wouldn't mind a deal where in exchange for the "violations" they consider the arrears paid in full.." - one can dream)

Comment

I do believe that has happened occasionally. Don't give up on this.
            I bet the boot campers would be all over this.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
              I do believe that has happened occasionally. Don't give up on this.
              I bet the boot campers would be all over this.
              I won't - because like I said it is the HOUSE - if it were the cars - shrug - but not the house. So we'll see what atty says...if anything. I know this isn't exactly URGENT for the atty so I think between now and say Mon/Tues of next week I'll hear back...

Comment

I hope u make some money off this!!!!!! After all its not like you just started.

Comment

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
                  I hope u make some money off this!!!!!! After all its not like you just started.
                  :-) Thanks!! We'll see...I just frankly hope it just goes away...but we'll have to see!
                  and again, thanks very much karm43!!!!

Comment

Wow guys - atty emails me back cc'ing paralegal and main atty - atty says this is a stay violation - and main atty will decide next week what they want to do.

You know I had a thought - we have the mort with HSBC AND an unsecured loan...spouse's 13 "holds" the mort, but of course the UNSECURED loan could file for a lift of stay and come after me right? SO - what if these calls are for the UNSECURED loan? Is it still a stay violation? HSBC (as of today) has NOT!!! filed for a lift of the co-debtor automatic stay...

Comment

Woot!
                      Secured, unsecured, what's the dif? a violation is a violation and cash to pay your atty fees. GO FOR IT.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                        Woot!
                        Secured, unsecured, what's the dif? a violation is a violation and cash to pay your atty fees. GO FOR IT.
                        Well I did - spouse and I will fill out the form for atty & paralegal over the weekend and return it to her on Monday - the only thing is, they haven't left a message...since I'm home tomorrow evening if they call maybe I should answer...what do you think??

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                          Well I did - spouse and I will fill out the form for atty & paralegal over the weekend and return it to her on Monday - the only thing is, they haven't left a message...since I'm home tomorrow evening if they call maybe I should answer...what do you think??
                          Ask your attorney, now that you know he won't slap you around.
                          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Take a pic of your caller id log- couldn't hurt

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X