Getting close to end and have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting close to end and have questions

Ok on the national data center my status has been changed to ready for completion audit. I think I have 1 more payment to make. Anyone in Cincinnati Ohio that can tell me how long the audit will take. My lawyer says he has no control over it after the audit is complete they will send any overages back to me. I am just curious of the time table. If my last payroll deduction is this Friday. And they send out all payments on the 25 th like they always do will the audit and payroll deductions end within a month or will it be longer. Thanks

Hopefully someone from your local court in Ohio sees this and can share a personal experience. Otherwise, except for your lawyer who you've already asked there's really no way to predict how long your discharge and final closing might take. Could be 2-3 months, could be up to six months. Wish we could be more specific - there's just too much variability across the country. Sorry.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I know you are in Ohio, kev7554 but I am Pennsylvania and the Trustee had an audit done on my case before I even made my last payment. I received a statement from the audit around the middle of August. I made my last payment to my plan at the end of August. Payroll deductions stopped the middle of September. I have to say it will go fast. Good luck to you! ;)
      Filed Chapter 13: 8/2006, Confirmed: 10/2006
      Total # of payments: 60 / ZERO REMAINING!!
      Case CLOSED: 01/27/2012

Comment

I made my last payment April 1st of this year, and just got my discharge papers Monday. I'm in Alabama. I don't know why it took so long, but I think it varies probably according to how many cases are in your district, etc. Regardless, it's very satisfying to be FINISHED and DISCHARGED. It's worth the wait. Hang in there.
        Filed March, 2006 Confirmed June, 2006 Case Closed March, 2011 Discharged October 3, 2011....Got my life back October 3, 2011 about 3 minutes after receiving my Discharge in the Mail

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X