top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering converting from Ch. 13 to Ch. 7....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering converting from Ch. 13 to Ch. 7....

My husband has been unemployed for the last 6 months. We didn't qualify for Ch. 7 then, but we might qualify now. I was wondering if anyone has converted. Is it worth it?

Currently 4 months into our Ch. 13; plan has not been confirmed yet. Mortgage is current. Everything else is unsecured debt.

We're meeting with our attorney in a couple of weeks to go over everything, but wanted to get some feedback from here.

Thanks!

When my wife and I were in the initial planning for BK, we were told that if we did file a CH13 and one of us lost income, we could easily be converted to a CH7, even if we were already in a CH13. That's definitely something you want to talk to your attorney about.
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

brtb - why not? If your mort is current (and cars!!!) you've got nothing to loose - but your chains!!!

DOes not hurt to ask atty!!!!!

And I'm so sorry about your husband...any luck by any chance for him in looking?

My best wishes to you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Go for it!!!
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I have successfully converted. I was in my Chapter 13 for 20 months and received my Chapter 7 discharge almost 2 years after filing Chapter 13. If you truly can't afford to be in a Chapter 13 -- especially due to job loss -- then you should certainly consider Chapter 7.

Unless, you are in a Chapter 13 to cure arrears on a mortgage, or to deal with tax issues.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X