No announcement yet.

Unexpected expense during chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motrin/Ibuprofen also helps with the inflammation while you are sorting things out. Speak with your doctor/dentist b/c I have seen 800mg given every 8 hours to keep down inflammation until the problem is resolved/fixed. But, check with the doctors first to make sure this would work for you. Best wishes!

Comment

4 Advil is 800mg. There isn't any difference between OTC Advil and prescription Advil except instead of 4 pills you take 1. If you have an abscess tooth trust me Advil isn't going to buy you any time. Maybe a day or two but not much more. I hope you got a hold of your attorney. I can't imagine that the Trustee would deny that as long as you sent him the proof that you had it done. Since you are on antibiotics you must have seen someone about it. Maybe they can write something stressing how imperative it is that this get done and what could happen if it isn't. Good luck to you. Dental problems suck!
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Thank you for all your advice. My husband talked to our pastor and told him how much pain I am in and our church is going to pay to have the rool canal done.We hate to stir up the trustee. We nicknamed her "dragon lady" because of the hassles she has given us through these 5 years, starting with our 341 meeting and a few times a year trying to raise our payments and auditing us. I could write a book about what not to do in a chapter 13! Right now our sttus is "about to close" and when I figure what we owe on the balances everything shuld be 0 by Dec., we are 1% payback and our plan ends in July, so I figure she will raise the % to unsecured.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
        Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

I am SO glad that is going to be worked out for you. Some of our patients swore by the fact that taking a dose of Advil or Aleve just before the procedure made their tooth feel better faster. You tooth sits in a ligament (periodontal ligament or PDL) and the doctor debriding the pulp from your tooth can irritate it (kind of like walking on a sprained ankle irritates it) is how my docs always explained it. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

I'm taking 4 advil every 4 hours now to make the pain somewhat bearable. I'm going to call the Dr. Monday morning and hope he fits me in soon!!
            Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
            Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

Originally posted by katztoo View Post
              I'm taking 4 advil every 4 hours now to make the pain somewhat bearable.
              I'm putting on my critical care nurse hat for a moment.....I don't know if you are aware, but the maximum recommended daily amount of Advil an adult should take without a physician's prescription is 200-400 mg every 4-6 hours (see http://www.drugs.com/ibuprofen.html).

If you are taking four 200 mg tablets (800 mg) every four hours, you are taking twice the recommended daily maximum amount.

Advil has some serious side effects, primarily bleeding problems and stomach upset, especially when you take more than the recommended dose. Research studies have shown that taking extra Advil doesn't increase the pain relief experienced, so please cut your dose back to 400 mg every 4 hours until you are able to see your doctor. (CCRN hat coming off )

God bless your church and their generosity! I hope your dentist is able to see you very soon!
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget