Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Chapter 13, divorce and shortsale

Hi everyone,

It's been several years since I last posted. I am 3 1/2 years into my 5 year plan. The 13 is in my name only. Husband and I are seperated. To try to minimize the impact on his credit, we are electing to do a short sale on the home. It's 80k underwater. Met with my BK attorney today and he is getting a motion from the court to let us do this. A lot has changed since I started this process. Still not eligible to convert to 7.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this. Attorney says that even with the sale of the house and the divorce, it will not affect the payment plan. I am almost done, and because the mortgage payments have been made throughout this whole process, I am hoping that once I discharge in June of 2013, that I will be on the road to recovery.
    Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
    Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
    Discharged April 2012

chloe, this is a very personal question, but...was the BK part of the reason for the divorce???

Comment

The BK was prior to the divorce. But the hubby was a major reason for the need of the 13..
      Discharged April 2012

Comment

Originally posted by chloe0724 View Post
        The BK was prior to the divorce. But the hubby was a major reason for the need of the 13..
        Can I ask why it is in your name only?
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Make sure that if hubby is the reason for filing, your divorce attorney makes sure he continues contributing funds to the Chapter 13 plan payment.
          Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

Has anyone shortsold during a BK and gotten divorced? Currently can not afford to retain divorce attorney, so nothing has been formalized yet. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had any similar experiences
            Discharged April 2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X