Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny 341

I haven't posted much, just mostly stalk

However, I wanted to post my experience at the 341 meeting. When we first walked into the room, there were two trustees. A woman doing the 341 meeting in the open, and a room to the side with a man. At first, my husband and I about pissed ourselves because the woman was very intimidating and was being sort of cold towards the people filing. When our attorney showed up, he said we were going to be meeting with the guy and my husband and I were relieved.

When the meeting first started, the trustee verified our identity. Shortly after that, he looked to the right side of the room (which was completely empty),said "and here to represent the creditors?", paused, nodded, and said "there are no creditors".

I just found it funny how he turned and talked to an empty side of the room. I had to work really hard not to bust out laughing. He broke the ice, was super nice, and made us feel comfortable. It was so fast and easy.

Congratulations! I'm glad it went well for you and hope for the same when we get to that point.

Nothing like a good sense of humor to make hard situations easier!
    Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
    341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
    Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

Yes, my trustee had a good sense of humor too, thank God, really helps alot! I put down that I gave my Dad $300 for his 90th birthday, trustee got a chuckle out of that, that I even put it down ( just trying to be honest). He said if he reached 90 he at least deserved that, everyone chuckled, really made me feel so relieved.

Comment

Glad you to hear you had a good experience at your 341. Hope you get confirmed without any problems.

Comment

At my (Chapter 7) 341 Meeting, the Trustee stumbled on the word "concluded". I can't remember which exact word he used, but it wasn't "concluded". It had me, the Trustee, and his two assistants -- as well as others in the room -- laughing. I think the laughing took more time than the questioning since we went off on a tangent for a minute or two! Yes, 2 minutes of my 3 minute 341 Meeting were spent joking around with the Trustee and his assistants!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm already discharged and closed, but thanks anyway!

Comment

Good luck 4theboys!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X