top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just over two years in and fingers crossed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not sure about borrowing from 401k. I am in Cleveland.
    Filed September 15 2009
    Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
    Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

Comment

Looks like the wage order has been lifted as of yesterday! Progress finally and hopefully this means I can start moving forward in my life!
      Filed September 15 2009
      Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
      Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

Comment

You can not "pay off" a plan unless you pay it off in full (100%). It is likely not all creditors filed claims, allowing you to pay off the plan at 100% for less than the total amount you originally scheduled.

Borrowing from a 401k to pay off a bankruptcy is a terrible idea for many reasons, not to mention your Trustee may not allow it.
        Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

If your 3 years into a 5 year plan, why the heck would you borrow from your 401K to pay off the plan and then repay the 401K over another 5 years. dumb, dumb, dumb. Just finish the plan.
          Last edited by HHM; 12-17-2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhm View Post
            if your 3 years into a 5 year plan, why the heck would you borrow from your 401k to pay off the plan and then repay the 401k over another 5 year. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Just finish the plan.
            rotflmao!!!!
            Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X