What a huge relief...lein strip.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a huge relief...lein strip.....

Just got a call from our attorney that we need to come in and sign some papers for our 2nd mortgage lein strip. The matter already went before the court and the 2nd mortgage company did not contest!! We are about 30K underwater on the first as it is so I did not think they would but was still worried.

We have to sign an affidavit and motion for summary judgement(?? think that is what she said.) She also told me to stop paying the 2nd mortgage. We were going to send a poyment Wednesday, what goodtiming (It is current because of a mod and interest rate decrease last year)

I also asked if that would increase our trustee payment and she looked at our paperwork and said it did not indicate it would make it go up. So we can add that to our emergency fund monthly.

I was expecting it to take much longer to hear about.

Congrats on things working out in your favor! High fives all around!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I thought it would add to the payment. Without the payment for the 2nd there is more DMI.

Comment

Originally posted by Jf24 View Post
        I thought it would add to the payment. Without the payment for the 2nd there is more DMI.
        I did also, which is why I asked. She looked over the paperwork and said it did not say anything about increasing our payment. It was right at $300/month. We are not confirmed yet, so I will believe it when we are confirmed next week.

Comment

Please let us know. Going for my 2nd consult tonight and will try a strip also.

Comment

Good luck with your lien strip! I am in pre-confirmation Chap 13 - my case has been continued to March. I am also doing a strip; my lawyer advised to stop paying the second mortgage now. I'm in Virginia, a non-judicial state. I'm concerned that, if I save the money between now and March, the Trustee will want to take those savings to put toward the plan payments. I was thinking about putting the savings in a retirement account. I will be in a 100% plan, BTW. Anyone have a similar experience?
            Stopped CC payments May 2010. Stopped mortgage payments Oct 2011. Filed 13 Oct 2011, Plan confirmed July 2012. Trustee required surrender of second home. Foreclosure sale completed May 2013. Now almost 2 yrs into the 5 yr plan payments

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X